• Subscribe
  • How did you get your first 10 paying customers?

Vikas Nayak
    6 replies
    I’m building a product and would love to hear how others got started. Whether it’s SaaS, e-commerce, or any other business, what strategies or tactics worked for you? - Did you rely on your network? - Run ads? - Offer discounts or free trials? - Any lessons you learned along the way? Looking forward to hearing your stories! #Startup #FirstCustomers #SaaS #Entrepreneurship #ProductHunt

Replies

Daniel Joseph Bennett
    Tapping my network was huge for getting those first customers. I reached out individually to people I knew, offered a free trial to show the value, and made sure to provide great support to turn them into raving fans. Targeted ads can work if you really know your audience, but organic word-of-mouth from a strong product and great service is way more effective and sustainable early on. Focus on making those first users love what you've built!
    Simon🍋
    Network extensively, offer free trials, and provide excellent support. I recommend staying away from ads unless you're certain of your target audience.
    Rachel Marie Thompson
    Reached out to my network on LinkedIn and Twitter to let them know about the product, offered an extended free trial to the first 10 customers, and provided white-glove onboarding support to make sure they got value. Spent a lot of time in relevant communities online and at events doing demos and getting feedback. Ads were too expensive without product-market fit. Referrals from happy early customers ended up being key!
    Emily Thompson
    Started by reaching out to everyone I knew - friends, family, former colleagues, etc. Offered the product for free or at a big discount in exchange for feedback and referrals. Provided white glove onboarding and support to make sure they loved it. Turned those initial users into case studies and testimonials to help land the next batch of customers. Targeted outreach on LinkedIn and Twitter to people I thought could benefit also worked well in the early days before building more scalable channels. Hope this helps!