How did you build a product being customer focused from the beginning?

Vinay Sharma
6 replies
I got asked by a few fellow founders who launched their product and felt they kept hitting roadblocks since users didn't like using their app, so they had to keep iterating (which wasted a lot of time). So I shared what I done... Keen to hear how everyone else managed this?

Replies

the_ikiguy
Contacted the reviewers of products similar to mine to identify their problems Sticking through with their journey to the end That's basically it. Build together with the target customer
Vinay Sharma
@notionmind how did you find the reviewers? i.e. google?
the_ikiguy
@vin_creatorstock for me it was Etsy - I was creating a Digital version (with added features) of an already in demand physical product. So I cold messaged a few people that reviewed the other products from a burner account with a personal story and a link to a form. They gave the best actionable feedback and some stuck with me on the journey. If you can find people to engage with you with their problems as early as possible and you listen to their needs (have a big enough sample size to reflect their needs) you can't go wrong I feel.
Vinay Sharma
@notionmind Thats amazing - thanks for commenting that is really helpful will definitely try this out!
Vinay Sharma
How am I doing it? 1. Done some initial research by contacting people on LinkedIn within my chosen industry 2. Built a list of questions to find out if they've faced the similar problem to me 3. Got hold of a UI / UX designer to mock up an MVP 5. Built the MVP which was simple website with basic functionality 6. Posted on Polywork (a collaboration platform) and instantly got over 100 BETA testers for FREE! 7. Created a Notion page for BETA testers 8. Created a TypeForm and attached it to the Notion page 9. Finally setup Zoom meetings with our BETA testers to get deeper insight 10. Iterate your MVP and launch Don't build blindly...