How cool would it be to search for anyone, anywhere without using browser extensions or crawler? 🚀

Gaurav Gaur
6 replies

Replies

Govind Mohan
What does search for anyone entail? And this poll doesn't account for the negative side (i.e. what if I don't want to share my data?)
Gaurav Gaur
@gov218 Hi Govind, The search essentially is focussed on professionals who are open to being contacted for recruiting, sales or possibly a connect. In the current course of things, the sales cycle is outlandish where conversion takes about 9 - 10 days with a daunting task to shuffle amongst 5 - 6 different platforms. The platform envisions, using the power of internet search for professionals who have voluntarily chosen to make their information public. At any point in time, the professional can choose to opt out of service just in case he/she isn't comfortable.
Connie R
The idea of being able to search for information about anyone, anywhere without relying on browser extensions or web crawlers is indeed appealing. Such a universal and seamless search capability could offer convenience and efficiency in accessing public information. However, it's essential to consider various factors, including privacy concerns and data protection regulations. Privacy and security should be paramount when implementing such a system to ensure that sensitive personal information isn't misused or accessed without consent. Additionally, the availability of such data may vary depending on the jurisdiction, data sources, and user permissions, which can make the concept challenging to execute on a global scale. While the idea has its merits, it's crucial to approach it with caution, respecting individuals' privacy and adhering to legal and ethical standards. Balancing the convenience of universal search with privacy protection will be key to its success and acceptance in the digital age. https://www.largohomestoday.com/
Gaurav Gaur
@connie_r1 Thanks Connie! I couldn't agree much. The foundation of the concept respects GDPR compliance and the engine acts like a compiler which can search thru internet and produce results only for professionals who have voluntarily chosen to make their profile public. In addition, we are opening a thread where a professional can choose not to include him/her in search results. Alternatively, I would love to invite you for the launch and share your perspective.
Gaurav Gaur
I also ran a poll to collect preliminary feedback and here is the outcome- check https://www.linkedin.com/posts/g...