• Subscribe
  • How can you help remote employees feel like they are part of a team and not just isolated workers?

Doğu Gül
    11 replies
    While remote work can offer many benefits, it can also create challenges, such as feelings of isolation and disconnection from the team. What to do to ensure employees feel like they are part of a team?

Replies

Damien
    Great topic.. I read a recent HBR article about that https://hbr.org/2022/08/keeping-... Hope you'll find some insights for your remote team
    Daniel Burns
    I am a co-founder of a company that also established remote work, therefore, the team consists from all around the world. Although I've been trying to gather them occasionally into one spot, as a part of team building process, that is usually harder to implement, but we are getting here. However, there are a few tips that seem to work for remote employees: 1. Have check-ins as much as possible. This will definitely increase trust between you and will make them more engaged, as they will be encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas, along with discussing their way progress, their downfalls, how you can help them, etc. 2. Keep them updated with all the company news, events, etc. If they can attend the social gatherings - even better! If not, we try to hold a Zoom meeting with them for about an hour or so, in order not to make them feel excluded. 3. Recognize and celebrate the achievements and milestones - we have this employee recognition award program that keeps everyone seem engaged and motivated. 4. Hold social activities - we have a bunch of random games everyone can participate in.
    Doğu Gül
    @testifi Thanks for sharing Daniel! I liked that you have a employee recognition award program to show your support for employees.
    Daniel Burns
    @dogu.gul You should always try to have some kind of employee recognition awards to remind your employees their hard work matters and is being recognized by the others ;)
    Anoir Houmou
    Consistent communication, scheduled group calls and recognise the work they're doing
    Doğukan Tezcan
    weekly arranged meeting sessions may be helpful in this regard
    Joanne Hurley
    I agree with everything posted and I would also add I think its important to create occasions where people who have no work processes together, and therefore may not be in the same meetings, have touch points to connect and understand what they are working on.
    Doğu Gül
    @joanne_hurleyv1 Thanks for adding this Joanne :) It is important to understand to understand other people's work process
    Ksenia Khriptovich
    Great question! 1. Keep in touch with your remote team regularly! Chat, send memes, ask about their weekend - just keep communication open and friendly. 2. Plan virtual team building activities like game nights, coffee breaks or just sharing pics of your pets. It's a great way to connect and have fun together. 3. Make sure everyone understands the team's goals and is working towards them. When you have a shared sense of purpose, it's easier to feel like you're part of something bigger.