• Subscribe
  • How can I distinguish between bots and real users on Product Hunt?

Hamza Afzal Butt
    12 replies

Replies

Abhra Ch.
    @hamza_afzal_butt Most of the bot replies are lengthy and repetitive. And using similar adjectives. Not to mention, on same time of the day.. Problem is distinguishing between bots and real users just taking help from Chat GPT to write comments πŸ˜…πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
    Abhra Ch.
    @hamza_afzal_butt So do I. πŸ˜…πŸ™ˆ I guess completely irrelevant, repetitive comments might be the distinguishing feature.
    Martin MaričÑk
    @hamza_afzal_butt @abhra_ch That's what I've came here to say. πŸ˜… Many people on PH overdo it with "help". It's like they turned the table and now they help AI models, instead of AI models helping them. πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
    Dailie Mill
    I agree with Pete here. Could you provide a little more context?
    Jay Peterson
    Bots usually have consistent and very quick response times, while real users might have more varied timings due to their different schedules and habits
    Luther Westover
    Look at the IP addresses of your users. If you see many interactions coming from the same IP or unusual patterns, it might be a sign of bot activity
    Evan_Washington
    if profiles have complete information and a history of meaningful interactions. Real users usually have more detailed profiles and diverse posts.
    Ruby Alexander
    users engage in discussions and provide feedback, while bots might just drop generic comments.
    Gurkaran Singh
    Distinguishing bots from real users on Product Hunt can be trickier than teaching a cat to fetch! Look out for consistent engagement patterns, account creation dates, and unexpected bursts of activity to spot those sneaky bots in action.