• Subscribe
  • Hi Everyone! Introducing Myself! 👋

Rishi Jatia
    1 reply
    Hi everyone! I'm Rishi, a Software Engineer with a decade at Yahoo, AWS, and Microsoft. I've always dreamed of building something from scratch, and now I'm reviving The Kaleidoscope Classic - an award-winning puzzle game I loved as a kid growing up in India. What is The Kaleidoscope Classic?: It's a mind-bending puzzle game originally created by Dr. Mark T. Wood. It disappeared from the market in the 2010s, but we are now bringing it back both as a board game for purchase (currently only in India) and as a free-to-play mobile game (everywhere!). What makes it special?: -> Endless, aesthetically pleasing patterns that stimulate the mind -> Enhances problem-solving, spatial awareness, and creativity -> Multiple award-winner, including Science Museum Smart Toy Award and Australian Games Association Puzzle of the Year What we have reimagined: -> Created smaller 4x4 patterns for mobile-friendly gameplay -> Daily challenges to keep things fresh and engaging -> Interactive features like hints, leaderboards, and achievement tracking Technical achievements: We decided to use Unity as our game engine, and a Django server to talk to Unity and have been able to navigate significant hurdles: -> Lightning-fast puzzle generation and solving (some patterns have millions of solutions!) -> Fine-tuned game mechanics for mobile -> Explored gamification and monetization strategies As a first-time founder, this journey is thrilling and overwhelming. I'd love to connect with fellow puzzlers and gamers to share experiences! Want to try our (probably buggy) beta version? Let me know - I strongly believe that early feedback on a buggy product is better than no feedback on a refined product that no one wants :) Check us out at www.thekaleidoscopeclassic.com and let's puzzle together!

Replies

Tuhin Bhuyan
    Hi Rishi. That's a lovely game. I feel you should move up the video of the app higher on your landing page. Also maybe include a video of the board game. Following you for future updates