• Subscribe
  • Hey, I'm Hanna, COO at a startup. Ask me anything about challenges in mobile app development!

Hanna
    4 replies

Replies

Татьяна Сукманская
    How do you ensure that the interactive elements in your apps enhance the learning experience rather than distract from the content?
    Hanna
    boook – interactive stories app for kids
    @yanatg Great question! To ensure that interactive elements in our apps enhance learning rather than distract, we start by clearly defining the educational objectives for each feature. We design interactions that are simple, intuitive, and directly tied to these objectives, avoiding unnecessary complexity. We use visual and audio cues together to guide users without overwhelming them.
    Stacey Zyrián
    Why would someone prefer going purely mobile rather than running a website version of a product, too?
    Hanna
    @staceyavril Well, as someone who runs a company that specializes in developing interactive and gamified books for children, I've found that focusing exclusively on a mobile app allows us to provide a more engaging and seamless experience for our young users. Mobile app enable us to leverage the device's native features, like touch interactions, animations, and offline access, which are crucial for creating an immersive reading environment for children. Given that our target audience - kids and their parents - are increasingly reliant on mobile devices, it's essential to meet them where they are. Additionally, mobile apps allow for better performance, enhanced security, and more effective user engagement. Last but not least, mobile apps allow us to integrate monetisation smoothly (we run on subscriptions).