HELP ! Can u explain how Product Hunt works ? I would like to promote my product 🥹

Rémi Chaput
7 replies

Replies

Lokap Sahu
Hey Remi, I'd suggest you attend community hours held by folks from ProductHunt : https://calendly.com/community_h... This should help you better understand the platform and ask your questions directly to the team.
Julien Zmiro
Hey Rémi! You'll post your product and it will "compete" for upvotes and overall activity (comments, reviews etc) with a bunch of other products during the day. At the end of each day there's a ranking but honestly it doesn't matter too much and the main thing is that Product Hunt can give you product a good exposure for 1 day and that can often help kicking things off. Let me know if you have more specific questions!
Hey, what exactly do you want to know?
Shivangi Awasthi
Hey @remi_chaput You need these ASSETS: 1. Product demo/video 2. GIF logo (2), Image logo (2), Dimension (240x240) 3. Product Images (5), Dimension (1270x760) 4. Loom video by founder explaining the product (1270x760) 5. Headline 40 char max 6. Tagline 60 char max 7. Description 260 char max 8. Product Link 9. Categories and Topics 10. Maker comment (explaining about the product with a good back story) PREPARE COMMENTS & REVIEWS: 1. Share a list of ways they can engage, such as commenting, emailing their network, sharing on social media 2. Provide them with copy or ideas for what to post, whether in the comments, on social or in emails to their friends BEFORE LAUNCH: 1. Build an email list of every user, friend, family member, former colleague, fellow community member, and anyone else in your network who can support you 2. Look through your followers on PH, or people you follow, and find ways to connect with them and let them know you are launching 3. A couple of days beforehand, send an email to them and say you are launching on Product Hunt, explain what PH is, and how they can support you, and encourage them to register. DECIDE DATE OF LAUNCH: Monday - Thursday gets you the most engagement, while Friday - Sunday you are more likely to place higher (Go for Monday or Tuesday to target product of the week also) Hope this checklist helps you. Let me know if you have any doubts. :))
Kelechi Mmonu
@shivangiawasthi Thanks for this. I'm hoping to roll out my Product on PH by November and your explanations really helps.