Headless website or no?

Vertika Nigam
4 replies
3 reasons why 90% of my client websites are built on headless CMS 1. Design anything on Figma from imagination, and headless technology lets us build it 2. Super fast, feels lightweight, and users love exploring through the pages 3. Highly secure, never even a slight chance of getting hacked No-code random sections-type website seems to be common today because most new companies don't want to spend $ on their website experience. But growing companies and enterprise-level companies have always listened to their customers. What are your thoughts on headless?

Replies

Adeeb Malik
All in for a headless implementation. But, it is a very specific approach that should meet the needs of the organization to require it (Yes, there's a checklist). Coming to the design side, hands down it offers complete flexibility to designers, developers, and content teams. Craft a crazy design, use the choice of tech, and effectively distribute content. Now, of course, such an implementation is time-consuming and rather complex, thus taking a bit more time to implement than today's no-code random service-type website. As the fight is all about getting out there, services like Framer, Builder, etc. do have an edge over the decoupled CMS approach. In the end, it's a mixed bag. If you want complete control over your digital architecture and showroom, want to create specific cross-platform distribution (I'm talking mobile, in-store displays, smartwatch, etc.) headless is your go-to. If you want an architecture that's easy to build, takes a lot less time, has an acceptable design, go the other way. And hey, there's a lot you can do in terms of design here, especially with these new-age service providers. It's a simple choice between - Be there first, then improve or Be there late, but awesome. You choose!
@adeeb_malik Nicely put! Totally agree with your points that it's a mixed bag. Depends upon the use case. And both have their own audience.
Andreas Sohns
I agree, a headless CMS is fantastic for flexibility, speed and security. It's great for creating unique designs and ensuring a smooth user experience.
@andreas_sohns Exactly, if you've to build your website experience as more than basic, headless is the way. BTW, what headless CMS do you use?