Have you published a website before? What was your experience?

AlexS
6 replies
Have you published a website before? What did you do? What was your experience? I just finished building my first website using Wordpress but now do not know how to proceed further...

Replies

JDS
No-code website tools give me anxiety. I am a Carrd customer and I am struggling with the simplest things. Example: hyperfocus.ai For me it's easier to self-host some bootstrap template and customize it here / there. Example : finclout. io
Yassin Bouacherine
Hi! My very first website was with WordPress and with no experience, it was a disaster! At some point, I got by chance to look at some alternatives, and got with Squarespace! It was the easiest way possible to set up my website and I am still using this service today. Publishing a website is no more an issue for me, I don't even think about it anymore and I can focus back on my work again. Cheers.
AlexS
Thanks Assin and Jds, I do not know how to code and therefore it is my only opportunity to use pre-built systems. But have you just published your website and then advertised for it or what did you do?
Kamal Prasat Somasundaram
Hi Alex! I was in the same boat as you a few months back. I wanted to create a blogging platform backed by growth & monetization. So, I looked at the alternatives available to create a site with No-Code. And, I ended up using Elementor to design my site & published it on WordPress.
Mohamed Hassan
Hi Alex, My first website was in 2015 I think. I used WordPress and had no experience using it before, but it was simple enough considering what I was trying to achieve with it. I only wanted to have a blog with a simple homepage to show recent posts and some posts form specific categories. The plan was to build an Amazon affiliate website, so I needed content for the website on the keywords I was trying to rank for. I paid a friend to do the content writing, while I took care of keyword research and publishing the content. In about 1-2 months, the website ranked on the 3rd page of google for some of the keywords. I abandoned the project at the end as I started some different business. In short, It depends on your goals! What is the website for? Is it a company website, affiliate website, etc..? Or maybe you just want to learn web dev? I think the answer of these questions should give you a direction on what you should do next.