• Subscribe
  • Have You Ever Rented a Co-Living Space?

Fan Yang
    19 replies
    Co-living spaces have been gaining popularity, especially among young professionals and recent graduates. But what’s it really like to live in one? As a startup rental company, we're on a mission to refine the co-living experience and offer the best solutions for tenants and landlords alike. We’d love to hear from you: What was your experience like living in a co-living space? What did you find most challenging or rewarding? How did it impact your lifestyle and daily routine? We’re eager to learn from your experiences to help shape a better co-living future. Share your stories and thoughts with us!

Replies

Candy Portuondo
    Had a positive experience with co-living, especially the flexibility and social aspect. The challenge was balancing personal space with communal living.
    Fan Yang
    Launching soon!
    @candy_portuondo Thank you for the insightful comment. Just curious, how do you deal with space conflicts with roommates?
    Fan Yang
    Launching soon!
    Let me share my experience first. Living in a co-living arrangement was a game-changer for me. It combined the benefits of community and convenience in ways I hadn’t expected. The shared amenities and the chance to connect with people from various backgrounds made the transition to a new city so much easier. Yet, it wasn’t without its challenges. What stood out to me was: The Sense of Community: Co-living spaces create a supportive environment that helps newcomers feel at home quickly. It’s easier to build connections and feel part of something bigger. Shared Costs and Amenities: It’s a cost-effective way to enjoy well-equipped living spaces. Sharing expenses with roommates alleviates the financial burden and provides access to better amenities than you might afford alone. One challenge I faced was: Finding the Right Match: It can be challenging to find roommates whose lifestyles align with yours. Compatibility is key to a harmonious living experience, and it often takes time and effort to ensure everyone’s on the same page.
    Marc-Oliver Gewaltig
    Isn't that called a hostel?
    Fan Yang
    Launching soon!
    @mogthesify Co-living is a broader concept; a large house shared by multiple tenants can also be called a co-living space.
    Joseph Martin
    I haven't personally rented a co living space but I've read that people often appreciate the social aspect and the affordability of these spaces.
    Fan Yang
    Launching soon!
    @joseph_martin8 Yes. Co-living space is much cheaper than rent a entire place. In average we can save 30-40% money.
    Steve Troy
    Enjoyed the community aspect of co living and the convenience of included system. However, privacy was sometimes an issue, especially when everyone had different routines.
    Fan Yang
    Launching soon!
    @steve_troy Can't agree more. The co-living community and amenities is truly convenient. How do you deal with privacy issue, like negotiate with roommates and set a rule?
    Greffin Dony
    Rented a co_ living space during my internship, and it was quite an adventure. Meeting new people from different backgrounds was the highlight.
    Fan Yang
    Launching soon!
    @greffin_dony Good point. Co-living gives us a lot of chances to meet diverse people and make new friends.
    Zackary Mendez
    Tried co living for a few months and found it rewarding for networking and making friends. The main challenge was dealing with varying schedules and shared responsibilities.
    Fan Yang
    Launching soon!
    @zackary_mendez Thank you for the comment. How do you deal with schedule and responsibilities conflict?
    murph
    I haven't, but dropped in to say that my buddy is opening a co-living co-working space for digital nomads in Puerto Escondido, Mexico called Sobreluna. In the latter stages of construction now! https://www.sobreluna.mx/
    Fan Yang
    Launching soon!
    @duffdevone This is really cool! I love the design of the rooms, feels comfortable and cozy.
    David Grunwald
    No I have seen mamy coworking spaces but never rented any/.
    Deandre Akkuratov
    Yes I once did for few days, it was a great experience but a bit expensive for me so I left it.
    Jonathan Michael Blake
    I stayed in a co-living space for 6 months after college. It was great for meeting people and the amenities were nice, but sharing a bathroom and kitchen got old after a while. I think having more privacy while still being able to socialize would be ideal. Maybe a mix of private rooms and communal spaces? Just my 2 cents!
    Fan Yang
    Launching soon!
    @jonathanmichaelblake Yes. Privacy and shared responsibility is always a problem when co-living. How do you solve it? Do you meet any problem when trying to find a ideal roommate?