Have you ever experienced challenges in adapting to a new productivity tool? ๐Ÿคจ

Alisha Widianti
9 replies
We've all been there. Trying new tools and trying to get used to its inner workings. But when should you call it 'quits' and give up? ๐Ÿง Would you still try to use the tool even if it takes a while to get used to? ๐Ÿง Share your thoughts below!

Replies

wen
adapting to new productivity tools can be challenging at times. It takes effort to learn the features, interface, and integrate them into existing workflows.
Daniel Hunt
I would give up quite quickly ๐Ÿ˜…. I'm not a very patient person! I guess if the tool sold me on the vision of how it will work then that might make me a bit more likely to stick it out, but really showing value fast would be really important for me
Alisha Widianti
@daniel_hunt4 That's what I was thinking as well! I know the "showing value" aspect makes people stay, and it's always subjective to the person. Thanks for sharing, Daniel ๐Ÿ˜„
Brian Hurst
@daniel_hunt4 @alishawidianti There's also the fact that now a lot of the "productivity" tools have in some ways become "anti-productive" by building out more and more complex feature sets that take a longer learning curve to actually onboard with. It's almost like success for productivity tools is what ultimately kills their initial use case.
Brian Hurst
For myself and my team, we've found that it's not the challenge of adapting to one productivity tool, but having too many different productivity tools to switch between to cover all of our various operations. My web development agency got tired of having to integrate so many different productivity tools into our daily processes to cover all of our operations and business needs that we ended up deciding to just build our own, web-dev specific project management tool ๐Ÿ˜‚
Alisha Widianti
@brianhurst Lol, this is so relatable - that's exactly what me and my team did as well ๐Ÿ˜‚ Kudos to you and your team for getting the work done and building something of your own!
Brian Hurst
@alishawidianti Yep it's a tough road for sure, but at least for our core business the platform that we built automates a lot of the previously difficult or time consuming tasks. So that was a big win for us. What did you find was your toughest challenge along the way to building a new platform internally?
Artyom Sviridov
It takes a while to get used to something new, be it tools or environment. Sometimes it's a necessity, and other times - pure curiosity. It's challenging, almost always.