• Subscribe
  • Goal setting = Commander's Intent

Gio Kakhiani
    1 reply
    I've been taking a different approach to setting New Year's goals, inspired by the unique concept of 'Commander's Intent.' ⭐️ This year, my ambitious goal is to hit 1 000 000 subscribers on YouTube. While the destination is set in stone, the path to it is not. I recently had an interesting conversation with some peers about my goal. They suggested I focus on more controllable objectives, like producing a set number of YouTube videos. Rather than limiting myself to a quantifiable task like "uploading 50 videos", I'm applying the Commander's Intent. This means I keep my eyes on that million-subscriber mark and remain agile in my approach. By setting a clear end state, 1 000 000 subs, I give myself the flexibility to adapt my tactics based on what's effective. More videos? Great, if they attract subscribers. If not, I might switch to enhancing the promotion of existing content. It's all about being agile while keeping the ultimate goal in sight. So, what exactly is Commander's Intent? It is a principle from military strategy, emphasizing the importance of the end goal or desired outcome, rather than the specifics of how to get there. It's about defining the "what" and "why," allowing for flexibility in the "how." 1. Purpose of the Mission: Commander's Intent articulates the reasons behind a mission. It explains why the mission is important and what it aims to achieve, providing a broader context to the objectives. 2. End State: This is a description of the desired conditions after the mission's successful completion. It outlines what success looks like and helps subordinates understand the ultimate goal. 3. Key Tasks: While not always explicitly part of the Commander's Intent, it often includes crucial tasks that are essential to the mission. These tasks are necessary actions that must be executed to achieve the end state. 4. Flexibility and Initiative: One of the main purposes of Commander's Intent is to empower subordinate leaders to make decisions and adapt as situations change. By understanding the overall intent, subordinates can make choices that align with the mission's objectives, even when they encounter unforeseen circumstances or when communication with higher command is not possible. 5. Simplicity and Clarity: The statement is kept as brief and clear as possible to avoid misunderstandings. It avoids technical details, focusing instead on the overall objectives and desired outcomes. What I love about this approach is its adaptability. It aligns perfectly with our fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Let's embrace ambitious goals and innovative paths to reach them! πŸš€ And while you're here go ahead and subscribe to bestbubbledev Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@bestbubbledev

Replies

Sarah Playford
    Your approach, inspired by Commander's Intent, is commendable. Setting a clear end goal while maintaining flexibility in the approach allows for adaptability in a dynamic environment. Best of luck with your ambitious YouTube goal, and here's to innovative paths to success! πŸš€