Give an advice for growing a SaaS newsletter?

Emmanuel Nwosu
15 replies
I've hit a brickwall growing my SaaS newsletter. What strategies have you tested recently that worked in helping you grow your newsletter?

Replies

Sankar Isanaka
Its going to be a tiring thing, lot of info that you need to learn&gather to keep adding value to your audience, one can't always speak abut their product for every few days, help your audience with good content that helps their business/life then integrate your product into those and demonstrate how your product enhances whole situation. if there is no value for the reader, its not going to work.
To expand a SaaS newsletter, provide incentives like trials, downloadable resources, exclusive content, or discounts for subscribers. Ensure the opt-in process is appealing and offers tangible benefits.
Emmanuel Nwosu
@minahilkhalid Alright, makes sense. It's a free newsletter and I think opt-in is pretty optimal. I have a bias against creating a downloadable resource because I think it might attract the kinds of readers this newsletter is not meant for.
One strategy that's worked for us, Emmanuel, is offering exclusive content or early access to new features for newsletter subscribers, which incentivizes sign-ups. Additionally, leveraging social media platforms with snippets of your newsletter content can pique interest and drive subscriptions.
Swayam
Give out quality content and incentives like trials or resources
Emmanuel Nwosu
@mihajlokovacevic I am experimenting with being funnier in my emails 😅 but isn't that an engagement tactic?
Fabian Maume
Are you running a newsletter about SaaS or the newsletters is specific to one saas tool in particular?
Emmanuel Nwosu
@fabian_maume about SaaS marketing for builders with advice from known operators and thought leaders who've done it before. You can read it here: www.earlynode.com
Gaith Saqer
This most important factor for growing a newsletter subscribers is to offer an incentive and invest in content marketing: for example backlnko.com the leading SEO blog offer newsletter subscribers email only content so they have a value in being a member. Also backlink.com increased that number by offering posts that are gated only for email subscribers Another option is offering free stuff like an e-book in exchange for an email newsletter subscription, this done by many sties including @hubpsot When asking users to join a newsletter showcase how many subscribers you have “like saying join our newsletter to get “something of value” and join 5,000 members. If you are starting with email newsletter and do not have a large number of subscribers do not mention the number until you reach sizable number