Gained 1700+ customers from successful launch on AppSumo! Launching tomorrow on Product hunt

Michael
8 replies
A few months ago, we had an exciting opportunity when the AppSumo team reached out to feature Zebracat in AppSumo Plus. We took on the challenge and, after thorough planning, successfully launched Zebracat on AppSumo. This initial launch helped us acquire 1700 customers and many more users who provided great feedback, crucial for refining our product. Although the AppSumo launch didn’t generate significant profit (tehy take a huge cut), it gave us insights that set the stage for our upcoming launch on Product Hunt. What is Zebracat? Zebracat helps you craft impactful videos in minutes using AI. You can transform your ideas into engaging marketing videos with AI voices through our text-to-video tool. It’s designed to be user-friendly for marketers, content creators, and business owners. What’s Next? We’re gearing up for a larger-scale launch on Product Hunt, and we’d love your support and feedback. Follow us on Product Hunt to stay updated, share your thoughts to help us improve, and spread the word to your network.

Replies

Fraser B
Congratulations! If they reach out to you, do you get better terms than the 70/30? I’m not sure I could stomach it 😅
Kshitij
Launching soon!
I have heard AppSumo works for many people, but I am more curious about the trade-offs. What do they take for help (commission?), and do you think it's worth the trade-off at all stages or only when a tool is very early and looking for early users?
Michael
@kshitij11 - biggest trade off: their business models is a 70/30 split and what's crazy about it: startups get 30 - customer support is mindblowing during the launch phase. takes lots of time - majority of Sumolings are awesome and very supportive. However maybe around 10% are toxic: they want EVERYTHING but pay nothing. Blackmailing you for extra credits and features. causing lots of work ;)
Emily Willis
@kshitij11 @michael_baumgartner Yikes! 70/30 is a hard pill to swallow. How does retention perform with Sumolings? Do they stick around?
Kshitij
Launching soon!
@michael_baumgartner I see. Thanks a lot. 70-30 is definitely outrageous though. Is it for a specific duration or lifetime of the user for Saas products? Especially, if the people change their plan/start moving up the tier ladder. But all in all, you'd say it's worth it for early-stage startups, right?
Paulina Hryniewicz
Hey, that's an awesome result! Hope you repeat the success here! I'm launching today and fighting for a place in Top 4 🥵🥵🥵