Future of social media communities and groups

Boris Markarian
8 replies
Hi everyone. I was scrolling through all my groups and forums and realized I'm a little tired of it all. I feel trapped in a framework. Something new is needed! The question is this - how do you see the future of communities and social media groups, how will they evolve in the next 3-5 years? Personally, I hope that we will soon introduce AR/VR so that we can have more experiences, virtual meetings and new forms of interaction.

Replies

Vladimir Tambovtsev
I hope that future platforms could offer tools that allow us (users) to collaboratively create, edit, and share content in real-time, so we can extend to interactive storytelling or joint art projects, for ex.
Boris Markarian
@vladimir_tambovtsev Wow, this sounds like a fresh breeze, as well as a new kind of monetization that can help both platforms and users grow.
Jake McMahon
I have too many groups across too many apps โ€“ would be nice to have a centralised app where I could interface with all of them in one place...
Boris Markarian
@jake_mcmahon2 yes, I agree with you, I hope to see cross-platform scrolling too. Something like navigation without leaving the original app or interface or smth like that.
Daniil Maksimov
I hope that AI will become more integrated into our platforms, improving content recommendation systems and enhancing content moderation.
Boris Markarian
@danyamk That's a good point, actually. I hope that we will be able to control the consumption of the content that social networks provide to us!
AR and VR experiences soon intriguing for sure, but also they sound a little terrifying :D