Functionality vs Ease of use.

Cosmin Nicolae
11 replies
Functionality vs Ease of use. Which do you think is more important and how do you go about picking the right balance? I usually start with the bare minimum in terms of functionality and ensure the highest ease of use (depending on the intended audience) and then add functionalities based on the usability framework decided, depending on the user feedback. How do you approach it?

Replies

Mirel Bițoi
I think ease of use should be the priority and only then have its functionality on top of it. As a user I don't like wandering around. I want the tool that gets the job done the fastest.
Adriana Virlan
I tend to use tools and apps that are easy to use. We live in an era in which our time is super limited and using any tool that delivers a lot, but takes a lot of time to understand how it works, might not be my piece of cake.
Savian Boroanca
Ease of use comes first to me. If the experience is fragmented, I tend to avoid the product.
Carla Kargaard
As with everything, I think there should be balance. If it's easy to use but it's a pointless product, then it's useless. And if it includes the most fantastic features in the world but is impossible to use, then it's also pointless. This reply sounds like a real mind f*** 😅
Krishna Kumar
My view is slightly different. You cannot sacrifice either. People come to you for functionality and stick around because of ease of use (or lack of choice). So, in a world full of choices, you need functionality that is easy to use
Adrian Steriopol
They are both important, but ease of use should be in the main focus and, as u said, add functionality on top of that. Cheers!
Arthur Flowos
Functionality: I'm a tech person by default, but I understand the necessity for ease of use.