• Subscribe
  • From which medium or marketing effort do you have the most sales?

So far, I haven't used any paid ads to have more visibility and do everything organically – especially building communities and content creation/social media management. I sell placement in my content: newsletter and YouTube videos and I got most of my sales through the community on Twitter, Discord and Product Hunt. ----- What activities worked for your product the best? – SEO (organic search of possible clients) – email marketing – paid ads – are you discovered in directories? – what? 🙂 (pls, list your product + the best performing technique)

Replies

Spencer
    In terms of ROI, organic is king :) If you can combine this with a well optimized lead magnet/email funnel
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @hijakr_ I am (so far) in organic all in :)
    Spencer
    @busmark_w_nika where do the majority of your leads come from?
    @hijakr_ Twitter and PH :)
    BTW, yesterday received an offer for ads in my newsletter from one guy from the PH community. Thank you! <3 I will get to you soon! 🙂 If you want to see what I write, feel free to subscribe to my weekly newsletter on Substack: https://businessandmarketing.sub... In case, you want to be visible in the newsletter (and be seen by other users of Substack), yes, you can 💡 when you choose the form and slot: https://www.passionfroot.me/busi...
    Nichole Elizabeth DeMeré (Eithiriel)
    How to Align SaaS Content Marketing and Product Management
    How to Align SaaS Content Marketing and Product Management
    It depends on your deal customers and their preferred channels of engagement.
    @nikkielizdemere and when it comes to your personal brand, e. g. – or your services – what worked best for you?
    Juliia
    mostly organic
    @juliia_m SEO and socials?
    Fabian Maume
    The boring channels: Google PPC & SEO
    Fabian Maume
    @busmark_w_nika what I mean is that there are hot the shinning hot channel like TikTok ;) SEO is indeed fun. :)
    @fabian_maume They are not boring at all ;) I actually like SEO :)
    @fabian_maume I have never understood TT to be honest :D
    Simonas Kauzonas
    Depends on the business! For dropshipping (bijouher.com), paid Facebook ads brought us to 6 figures. For picassopix.com (AI image toolkit), we leveraged SEO heavily - tedious for backlinks and blogs, but paid off. Have you tried cold emailing? Apollo.io is powerful for targeted, personalized emails on autopilot. Another method, though less ethical, is blasting cold emails through mailmeteor.com - cheap and effective if you've got an email list.
    @simonas_kauzonas are those businesses your or clients'? When it comes to cold emailing – haven't tried yet but it is on my list. Not at this stage :)
    Tatiana Voropaeva
    Speaking of personal branding, word of mouth usually worked better than other channels and it was also surprising to see those unexpected recommendations from previous coworkers or clients. The second channel was SEO but I didn’t follow a real strategy because I was too lazy and treated my personal brand as a side hustle regarding to my full-time job. So I just wrote 3 articles on Medium (it was 2019-2020) that were focused on a specific narrow topic related to my field and some people came from Google. Does word of mouth work for you?
    @tanyavrpv Tatiana, which product was promoted in your case like WOM? I think it can work but at the beginning it is very difficult to find someone who would be able to spread the word (beginnings are the most difficult generally and when it comes to WOM, even harder).
    Tatiana Voropaeva
    @busmark_w_nika it was my personal brand as a freelance (short-term projects). Generally, you are right, it's hard to roll out this channel from beginning.But actually, companies may try to implement referral or loyalty program to use it as a fuel for WOM strategy.
    Timothy Bramlett
    We have had the most success through Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and then SEO. But as always, this is totally dependent on the product. For other products, our mix is completely different.
    @timothybramlett What has helped you to scale YouTube? Can you share the link? I would like to analyse :)
    Nathan Covey
    Right now, paid ads for sure!
    @nathancovey For which of your products? Social media or google ads? :)
    Nathan Covey
    @busmark_w_nika It's for a women's fashion shopify store. We mostly do Facebook ads but google ones work well too!
    Lena Paul
    In my previous job, the whole company where on Google Ads! Almost all traffic they gain were from google
    Same here :) @lenapaul
    Sacha Dumay
    For my previous business chatnode .ai it was in this order: 1) directories and launch pad like PH for initial push (with facebook group) 2) newsletters 3) paids ads (google) 4) cold email with cool intro AI video
    @sacha_dumay Did you sell the tool or what happened?
    Sacha Dumay
    @busmark_w_nika yes exited a few month ago :)
    Patrick luhanga Patrick
    thanks you for your help and support my entrepreneurs
    Ade
    Yes, SEO and Socmed marketing...Paid Ads if necessary
    @ade_fatma That SEO part is so tempting, I have to build my own website finally :D
    Devon Meadows
    Skool. Tons of leads on skool for me.
    @devon_meadows do you have any closed group, right?