• Subscribe
  • Founders, what was the biggest problem you faced for your startup in the first 12 months?

I'll start- there were two. 1. Getting to an understanding of the user persona we were targeting. 2. Organizing the system in the startup to run efficiently (as a team of two, we juggled multiple tasks) What about you?

Replies

Abhinay kumar
    Motivation to go on and specifically when it comes to doing sales and facing rejections while cold reachout and exploring other channels.
    Ajinkya Bhat | Notion X Startups
    @abhinay_kumar8 Oh yes, the rejections! Sales was a learning curve me too as a technical founder. It takes time to get used to it, but then you end up not taking anything personally! Realised how a rejection is actually helpful, rather than chasing a the wrong customer!
    Anatolii
    Not to lose faith and motivation under the tons of failures😁
    @anatoly5ms And its harder than it looks right! Non founders hardly see how much stress founders are under, only founders can really relate😅
    @max_rush2 Yes totally! Is there a system you use to streamline this?
    Daniel Zaitzow
    I think understanding that there is no such thing as a perfect product and to be comfortable in uncomfortable situations. The pursuit of perfection is futile.
    @dzaitzow Love this! I fell into this build trap too! To accept everything is an iterative improvement process is important, totally agree!
    Ivan Dudin
    Two developers took on the same task. Then we couldn't decide for a very long time whose solution was better and should be left in the product. It was a whole problem, because both rationalizations were very good 🤷‍♂️
    @myprlab Sounds like it was resolved amicably though! Always a trade-off between having one view point and multiple. Sometimes broader perspectives are better, but sometimes democracies create more problems than it solves Best advice I've received regarding this is to listen to everyone on the team and then take the executive call, even if people are not happy (cos you can never make everyone on the team happy- and that's ok!)