• Subscribe
  • For those that work remote, how do you fight loneliness?

Alexandre Contador
    49 replies

Replies

Christian Ross
    Combating remote work loneliness takes effort! I make a point to schedule regular calls with friends and family, not just work colleagues. Also, I joined a local book club that meets virtually. It's a fantastic way to connect with people who share similar interests, even if it's online. So yeah, it's about being proactive and creating those connections outside of work.
    Emily Willis
    My dog keeps me company! Also (depending on where you live), I hang in my garden on short screen breaks (we grow a lot of edibles in our front garden - so there's always something to harvest or weed) & there's always someone passing by to chat to. What about you?
    Alexandre Contador
    @emily_willis1 that looks like paradise. I also have a small dog and garden, but I need to get back into harvesting.
    Marie-Philippe Leblanc
    I try to go out and work in places with other founders! This way I can find some friends with similar interests
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    @mplebl are you talking about coworkings?
    Lakshya Singh
    Jupitrr AI is a fully remote company. But all the team members live with their partners or family except me. I live with a couple of flatmates. It helps in remote to live with some friends as you can go on evening tea breaks, chat a bit in the day time and chill after work. That's why I don't usually feel lonely except if I am celebrating any festival away from the family.
    Vaibhav
    Honestly, I haven't found a solution to this yet but I try to 'force' myself to go out and participate in activities, once in a while.
    Vaibhav
    @lysander_ashford You're right about that, Lysander. Even I tried this a while back. Started calling one friend a day, just to check up on them. It surely helped me as well.
    Alexandre Contador
    @vaibhavdwivedi @lysander_ashford good one, I normally block sometime in my agenda to call the best people in my life
    Liam Oram
    Calls with the team or colleagues to solve issues helps make it feel like you're not working alone
    CY Zhou
    I combat loneliness by scheduling regular virtual coffee chats with colleagues and joining online communities related to my interests. Staying connected and engaged helps me feel less isolated.
    Tanya Sharath
    I participate in virtual team-building activities. They help me feel connected to my coworkers even though we’re far apart.
    Morgane Perrier
    When I don't have any social activity planned for the day, I push myself to either go to the market or do something outside. It can be as simple as reading in a park, but at least I get some fresh air and see other people. Working from a cafe can also help! Are you struggling with loneliness?
    angela bruce
    @alexdigitalmkt Finding a balance between work and social interaction, and making an effort to stay connected, can make a significant difference
    Wiktoria Slowikowska
    I'm always calling my mum and going to yoga! :)
    Ibileke Samuel
    Very easy, meet up with friends sometimes or get to binge watch a movie.
    Debra Salt
    I try to join local coworking spaces a few times a week. It’s a great way to meet new people and not feel so isolated.
    Unhealthy levels of Netflix, on the weekends or whenever I'm not working. Sometimes, going for a walk is a great help.
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    I have a cat breaking into my ZOOMs!
    Lorenz Sell
    Sutra.co is 100% remote but I feel like I'm constantly on Zoom calls so I do feel that lonely. Also, our whole thing is about group learning experiences, so we're always doing something with groups online. I work with my wife too and we're almost always working together in the same room. If you feel lonely, I would suggest organizing some sort of group. Could be a small men or women's group or a group of other creators that you know. And just get together once a week over Zoom for an hour or two. If you feel lonely, for sure other people do too and they would appreciate this.
    Ayaz Akram
    I use social media to stay in touch with friends and family. It’s a quick way to feel connected.
    Debra Hetrick
    Regular outdoor activities, like hiking or cycling, help me meet people and fight loneliness.
    Vhim Jana
    Technology can be a powerful tool for overcoming loneliness while working remotely. Consider online game nights with friends, virtual movie watching parties, or joining online fitness classes. There are many ways to connect and have fun, even when physically apart. Embrace the possibilities that technology offer
    Zachary
    I find it helpful to get out of the house and work from coffee shops or co-working spaces sometimes. This allows for some incidental social interaction and a change of scenery. Additionally, don't underestimate the power of local connections! Joining clubs, attending events, or volunteering in your community can help you build relationships and combat feelings of isolation.