For those that work remote, how do you fight loneliness?

Alexandre Contador
71 replies

Replies

Siri Nana
I join online hobby groups that interest me. It’s a great way to socialize and share common interests with others.
Emily Willis
My dog keeps me company! Also (depending on where you live), I hang in my garden on short screen breaks (we grow a lot of edibles in our front garden - so there's always something to harvest or weed) & there's always someone passing by to chat to. What about you?
Alexandre Contador
@emily_willis1 that looks like paradise. I also have a small dog and garden, but I need to get back into harvesting.
Marie-Philippe Leblanc
I try to go out and work in places with other founders! This way I can find some friends with similar interests
Kostya Bolshukhin
@mplebl are you talking about coworkings?
Lakshya Singh
Jupitrr AI is a fully remote company. But all the team members live with their partners or family except me. I live with a couple of flatmates. It helps in remote to live with some friends as you can go on evening tea breaks, chat a bit in the day time and chill after work. That's why I don't usually feel lonely except if I am celebrating any festival away from the family.
Vaibhav
Honestly, I haven't found a solution to this yet but I try to 'force' myself to go out and participate in activities, once in a while.
Lysander Ashford
@vaibhavdwivedi I’ve been trying to make more calls instead of just typing. I also make an effort to call my family and friends regularly. They truly helped.
Vaibhav
@lysander_ashford You're right about that, Lysander. Even I tried this a while back. Started calling one friend a day, just to check up on them. It surely helped me as well.
Alexandre Contador
@vaibhavdwivedi @lysander_ashford good one, I normally block sometime in my agenda to call the best people in my life
Liam Oram
Calls with the team or colleagues to solve issues helps make it feel like you're not working alone
CY Zhou
I combat loneliness by scheduling regular virtual coffee chats with colleagues and joining online communities related to my interests. Staying connected and engaged helps me feel less isolated.
Tanya Sharath
I participate in virtual team-building activities. They help me feel connected to my coworkers even though we’re far apart.
Steven Granata
Regular video calls with friends and family keep me feeling connected. It’s a simple way to fight loneliness.
Alexandre Contador
@steven_granata have you tried to block time in your agenda for that?
Morgane Perrier
When I don't have any social activity planned for the day, I push myself to either go to the market or do something outside. It can be as simple as reading in a park, but at least I get some fresh air and see other people. Working from a cafe can also help! Are you struggling with loneliness?
angela bruce
@alexdigitalmkt Finding a balance between work and social interaction, and making an effort to stay connected, can make a significant difference
Willow Vaughn
I try to join local coworking spaces a few times a week. It’s a great way to meet new people and not feel so isolated.
Latham Ryan
Keeping a pet has been wonderful. My dog provides company and gets me outside for walks and socializing.
Laiba Asghar
I schedule regular check-ins with my team. It helps maintain a sense of camaraderie and support.
Wiktoria Slowikowska
I'm always calling my mum and going to yoga! :)
Ibileke Samuel
Very easy, meet up with friends sometimes or get to binge watch a movie.
Jofra G
I find that working from cafes or libraries occasionally helps. The change of scenery and background buzz keeps loneliness at bay.
Debra Salt
I try to join local coworking spaces a few times a week. It’s a great way to meet new people and not feel so isolated.
Unhealthy levels of Netflix, on the weekends or whenever I'm not working. Sometimes, going for a walk is a great help.
Hannan Moowattin
I organize virtual game nights with friends. It’s a fun way to stay connected and unwind.