For makers who are building while maintaining your 9-5 job, how do you manage your time?

Iskandar Chacra
9 replies

Replies

Pam K.
When working long hours and weekends on a project, I schedule a weekend off once every four weeks.
Iskandar Chacra
@silisolutionist usually i only take time off when i feel like it would make me more productive than not taking it. but scheduling it ahead of time sounds way more reasonable. thanks for the suggestion Pam!
André J
Launching soon!
Only way to do it is to get up super early. You need the highest bandwidth possible. But Your at a disadvantage against founders who are free from 9-5. So you will be outcompeted. But you could use the time to make a plan or simple prototype and grow from there, either through funding or customer traction.
Iskandar Chacra
@sentry_co I hear you Andre. My day starts at 6 AM and ends at 11 PM with breaks only for eating and gym. I'm looking to end this cycle as soon as my app gets traction
André J
Launching soon!
@iskandarchacra If anything. The hustle builds strong mental models that you will need in the next levels of the game 🦾
Iskandar Chacra
@sentry_co Im loving every second of it dude! Thanks for the kind words, cheers!
Youssra El Bakali
1. Prioritize tasks and set clear goals. 2. Use evenings and weekends efficiently. 3. Avoid burnout by scheduling breaks. 4. Delegate or outsource when possible. 5. Stay organized and minimize distractions.