Find your first group of users in a trusted support community

Richard Yang
4 replies
Hello guys, I‘m planning to create a high-quality entrepreneurial mutual support group, because I've noticed that many “PH support groups” on #LinkedIn aren't actually helping each other👎, but at the same time, early-stage project teams all need: 1⃣️ help with marketing 2⃣️ Product testing & feedback 3⃣️ finding initial users So, why not #makershelpmakers ? The goal is to invite only active entrepreneurs on LinkedIn who are willing to engage with the needs of other community members, such as market collaboration or product testing. Each community member needs to pay $$ dollars as a "honest deposit," and we can collectively establish the frequency and other rules of the community to ensure that everyone is genuinely helping each other rather than taking advantage. If the community rules are violated, the deposit will be deducted for community activities. Of course, if you wish to voluntarily leave the community, you can receive a fair refund💰 If you are down, leave your Linkedin link below👇

Replies

Outlivo
Ur proposal, even being a good one, is not considering the issues at hand and proposing a solution over that. What if I join the community and turn out to be a bot? What if the feedback is generated using AI? ...
Richard Yang
@outlivo It's impossible to completely ignore free riders (like those using AI to generate feedback), which is where the 'honest deposit' comes into play. Initially, I imagine that each project owner would want specific questions designed for the product feedback, which would reflect the level of engagement in the responses. Of course, the entire community needs to oversee this. The reason I haven't proposed more rules or solutions is because I believe that the needs of each project owner will differ, so the rules can be collectively established by the early participants. I envision this as a community built together, rather than a dictatorial one
Richard Yang
my linkedin: linkedin.com/in/richard-yang-b08651139 my email: richardlegalnow@gmail.com
I like the idea, but am I correct that you’re asking people for a “deposit” to then be also active in the group? My suggestion is to make a collaborative free group and if people idle too long or don’t support each other they are removed from the group. I guess that’s just my thought process.