• Subscribe
  • Favorite marketing book you've ever read?

Graham Lipsman
    11 replies

Replies

Laura Riehl
    Sell like crazy! Love this book :)
    Hiren Ghoniya
    'Sell Like Crazy'. Read 3 times.
    Graham Lipsman
    @hiren_ghoniya1 Oh dang! This is on my shelf and I was about to give it away since I haven't read it yet. Guess it's going back on the reading list ;)
    Graham Lipsman
    My favorite that I've read recently is Obviously Awesome by April Dunford. It's about positioning and is super concrete in its advice. > Strong positioning feels like we're cheating. It lets us draft along with the forces of the markets we operate in, making everything we do in marketing and sales easier. No matter what direction we face, the wind is blowing at our back. After providing motivation above, the book gives us a few reasons why what we might normally think of as positioning—the classic "positioning statement"—is an inadequate tool. The main issue is that the positioning statement is a template—more an artifact than a process. As commonly practiced, positioning exercises carry the implicit assumption that you already know your positioning, you just need to write it down. It reinforces the status quo rather than helping you discover new tailwinds. Dunford's 10-step process is an exploratory exercise instead. Each step is its own chapter. Some are very short—each is only as long as it needs to be to explain the concept. The book provides a number of examples throughout to make the more abstract concepts concrete and keep everything actionable.
    Dzmitry Tsemirau
    I really like Kotler's textbooks.
    Daksh Tyagi
    One of my all-time favorite marketing books is "Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion" by Robert B. Cialdini.
    Graham Lipsman
    @steven_zoo Nice. I read their book on Positioning and though it was pretty good. Thanks for linking these notes—that's helpful!
    Gurkaran Singh
    Oh, picking a favorite marketing book is like choosing the perfect emoji for every situation—tricky but worth it! One that always stands out is "Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion" by Robert Cialdini. It's like a secret weapon in the world of marketing!