• Subscribe
  • F*ck Old Content Marketing!

Soner Alemdar
    17 replies
    Do New Content Marketing Instead. Old Way: → Damn keyword research → Picking high-volume keywords → Writing some ''texts'' → Publishing their link on social media New Way: → Audience Research → Running interviews and surveys for deeper understanding → Understanding the pain points of the users → Understanding the intent of the users → Combining qualitative and quantitative data → Repurposing → Recycling Choose your side! For more details: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/soner-alemdar_old-marketing-vs-new-content-marketing-activity-7120743510374281216-w3we?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop

Replies

George Aleesu
    Will opt for the new way but then, keyword research is still very relevant!
    Xavier JJ
    The new way is the way! But SEO is important, instead of picking high volume key words, pick mid volume to rank easier in, my opinion.
    Elena Tsemirava
    The new way is certainly effective. But I don’t understand why to abandon the old one. No one has cancelled Internet searches and, in my opinion, no one is going to.
    Semih
    Focusing on the audience is the future!
    Artyom Sviridov
    Interesting point, but why not both?
    Soner Alemdar
    @sviridov The goal is to make people think different and break some old habits you can still continue doing keyword research of course, but the traditional way is just based on keywords and some ''texts'' :)
    Definetely f*ck checkbox tasks 😅 If you want to hear it more intellectually I would also suggest this post: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/p...
    Daniel Volynets
    The new way has always been the way for people who are well aware about how marketing works. However, now because people are overwhelmed with content, you need something very special for people to notice you. One of my favorite examples of this is Liquid Death, their commercials promote them selves. Thats because people watch their ads for entertainment, not just as regular ads
    AmazingSylvia
    I think that is not the different between old and new content marketing, it is the difference between SEO and PLG.