• Subscribe
  • Experiment: If your startup is growing fast and could use $300K, email me :)

Ryan Hoover
    57 replies
    I ran a similar experiment on Twitter a while ago and realized I should have asked the Product Hunt community. First, some context: I started Weekend Fund in 2017 while I was still the CEO at Product Hunt. Today, @vedika_jain and I write $100K to $300K checks into early-stage startups (most of which launched on Product Hunt at some point). Our background is in product and community building, but we have a network of over 400 LPs across every domain from data science to enterprise sales. More details at weekend.fund. If you're primary KPI (revenue, MAU, etc.) is growing 20%+ for 6+ months, drop me a note with details ryan@weekend.fund. If you have a deck, please share but we'd also love to chat with founders that aren't actively raising but could use our capital and help. :)

Replies

Kelly An
    Great to see you back Ryan! Thanks for sharing the Weekend Fund news!
    Drew Falkman
    AARP Money Mapโ„ข
    AARP Money Mapโ„ข
    This is amazing. I love it. Always appreciate what you're doing out there for startups and hackers everywhere, @rrhoover!
    Lisa Dziuba
    Donโ€™t Panic by Lemon.io
    Love this, so sad that I'm not a founder right now :)
    Andrรฉ J
    Nice inch! For 100-300k how much equity do you require in return? Ballpark number?
    Ryan Hoover
    @sentry_co it varies by company and stage. We target a 3%+ stake.
    Andrรฉ J
    @rrhoover Reasonable. โœŒ๏ธ I'll ping you an email, once we hit exponential growth. Altho it would have to be apart of a wider raise with other investors. A $1-3m seed-round. Would you partake in such around for the right case?
    Ruben Boonzaaijer
    @sentry_co Tap looks great! I'm notified! ps. ringly.io is live today your support would help us out a lot
    Derek
    Anyone who gets the PH cat king in their corner is on a fast track to success. Well done ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
    Russ Halilov
    do you invest in companies who are competitors with your portfolio companies?
    Ryan Hoover
    @russ_halilov we avoid that
    Rajat Dangi ๐Ÿ› ๏ธ
    Sounds amazing! https://mockey.ai has grown so well in the last 6-8 months! 1M+ Monthly users now ๐Ÿš€ Sending a deck very soon. Mockey AI has come a long way since this launch :)
    Neel Patel
    @rrhoover but we haven't got past 6 months yet. What do you think?
    Naresh Meetei
    This is so cool. I wish I could launch my idea and grow it sooner.
    Ruben Boonzaaijer
    @sathish_nagarajan Interesting product! I'm notified! ps. ringly.io is live today your support would help us out a lot
    FuseBase /formerly Nimbus/
    hey @rrhoover @vedika_jain - perfect timing ๐Ÿคฉ I sent you a deck, we are actively raising now after rebranding and a successful launch here on PH ๐Ÿ™Œ are there any chances we still could be in? :)
    angel william
    I could use some help.
    Utkarsh Agarwal
    Emailed you :) Weโ€™ve also launched today -- would love your feedback on the same
    Judith Clary
    this is great, presently our product is yet to be ready, very soon it'll be ready for launch โ˜บ๏ธ
    Chris Lester
    Love it! Canโ€™t wait to see the update!
    Markk Tong
    AI Desk by Collov AI
    AI Desk by Collov AI
    Awesome experienment
    Ruben Boonzaaijer
    @markk0217 Museclip looks fun! I'm notified! ps. ringly.io is live today your support would help us out a lot
    AmazingSylvia
    Love it, I am not a founder yet, but I hope I can make this progress in the future
    Chris Messina
    Will you share the results of this experiment (even if you don't name names)? :)
    Ryan Hoover
    @chrismessina yeah! I'll followup here in a week or so. :)
    Ryan Hoover
    @chrismessina @jordimonpmm I received several replies but none turned into a check (yet). Many companies are growing nicely, but still very early. There are also several AI-powered companies that have good growth rates but there's a common pattern of high churn as consumers get curious to try new things but are ultimately left disappointed.