• Subscribe
  • Engaging people to join Discord community. How? 👾

Philipp Jackson
    8 replies
    I'm relatively new to it, and wondering what non-spam techniques are effective in growing a Discord community. Currently, we primarily use Twitter to invite new members, but it doesn't seem to be very effective. Should we consider offering something like a promo code or special benefits within our app to encourage Discord subscriptions? Our main goal for using Discord is to gather feedback and bug reports. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 🙏🏻

Replies

Hussein Hashish
    most millenials kinda dont get discord. have ou contemplated something less complicated for community members? I am fully aware of discords super powers and capabilities, but from very limited experience, sometimes it backfires
    Hussein Hashish
    i would use the twitter funnel to encourage people to sign up for demos, early access, future perks, gather emails. discord is so high maintenance and needs constant engagement and community management.
    Philipp Jackson
    @hussein_hashish what could you suggest for creating community more simple way? I used Discord a bit for gaming needs, so I'm familiar with it functions, but haven't spent much time in different servers, just a few
    Philipp Jackson
    @hussein_hashish thank you! We already have a community manager / moderator, but the problem is how to bring people to the server. From another server by advertising ours or..?
    Hussein Hashish
    @ffffilipp there has to be something extremely compelling for people to not only come over, but stay and keep engaging there. there has to be something offered there on your server that is quite differentiating from what you offer people on other touchpoints. you have to reward people for moving all along your funnel and going to discord and keeping them engaged and happy there and offer as much value as you can to keep them there and move further along your funnel.
    Uladzislau Rymasheuski
    If you have some DAU at your product/service - it might be a good idea to put a button inside the product like 'join community" Also mentioning in regular newsletter that now you have a discord might help
    Fabian Maume
    Include discord link in your email onboarding. Put the discord link on your tech & helpdesk documentation
    Philipp Jackson
    @fabian_maume great idea with tech docs for feedback gathering