• Subscribe
  • Engaging Leads: Customer Acquisition vs. Retention

Mark Lemuel M
    32 replies
    This compares efforts and resources invested in acquiring new customers versus retaining and nurturing existing customers. which is better in the long run?

Replies

Yuan Tian
    This is such a great question. Both are essential, and it depends on the purpose of your product-- growth or improving features.
    Adeeb Malik
    This is a double-edged first as if you invest in either, you end up losing customers and revenue in the long run. Better to have a mix. But, since the question is to pick one, I'd say retention. If your retention game is right, new customers will come in via brand advocacy, loyalty, good customer support, etc.
    Mark Lemuel M
    @adeeb_malik yeah both are important ! but I think in long run retention is the best coz you are already building relationships with clients.
    Adeeb Malik
    @kilopolki Okay, do you have any suggestions, tips, etc. on how to gear your brand towards that? or start building it that way?
    Mark Lemuel M
    @adeeb_malik It is better to connect with client's perspective and pain points and give them solution to your product! remember that convenience is the key on what businesses always provide ! we are here to serve people and that is God's blessing!
    Liu Alex
    It still depends on the product. For products with a short customer lifetime, customer acquisition is more important.
    Mark Lemuel M
    @liu_alex1 yes! also true! But yeah building network of people like your clients will justify your business stability! followed , upvoted , and reviewed your product! hope you do the same!
    Olivia Smith
    Retention is cheaper. It generally costs less to keep a customer than to get a new one. Plus, loyal customers can lead to word-of-mouth marketing.
    Karen Wick
    A retained customer works as a earned media for your brand so I chose retention.
    Angela Ross
    Retention is cost effective as there is a high chance that the old customer would buy the product again.
    Monica Mitchell
    I want to recommend you such formula - Total Revenue divided into Number of Customers and then multiply by Average Customer Lifespan. I hope it will help you to make a right choice for your business
    Cedric Mathias
    I think Retention would be better in the long run as customer acquisition cost is always high.
    Mark Lemuel M
    @cedric_mathias absolutely true! consistent clients is the key! if you solve for their convenience then you are a business model! how do you apply retention in your business? followed, upvoted and reviewed your product! hope you do the same too!
    Yatheen Brahma
    Great question Mark, In the longer run, both customer acquisition and retention are important, but the balance usually depends upon the business model and growth stage.
    Alexandra Goss
    In business terms, Retention is probably more important as it helps to invest more in acquisition and allow for a higher CAC (customer acquisition cost) If your retention is poor, your acquisition options may be limited. Also, why pour traffic/customers to a product that's broken/doesn't add much value (those being the key reasons for low retention rate) Unless you're a once-and-done expensive product
    Mark Lemuel M
    @alex_skazka Yes you are right! therefore retention for long run is a game changer rather than not keeping clients. how do you apply retention in your product? I just reviewed , followed and upvoted your product! hope you can review my product too!
    William Stevens
    I enjoy playing video games immensely. I can only unwind after a day of labor in this manner. I wish to immerse myself in the game and appreciate its enchanted universe. Therefore, many thanks for the game monkey mart. You suggested.
    Jam Straw
    Retention is better for engaging leads.
    My3 Murthy
    i think both are important. But retention is cheaper (keeping it black & white)- so balance is key!
    Faijan Ansari
    I think retention is more valuable in the long run. Loyal customers can become
    Bakura Abatcha
    Retention efforts usually lead to higher customer lifetime value, making it a better long-term strategy in my opinion.
    Moses Habila
    I find retention to be more effective because loyal customers tend to have a higher lifetime value and can help bring in new customers through referrals.
    Sulemna Ola
    Retention is key because it often results in higher margins and less spending on marketing compared to acquiring new customers.
    Soni Kumari
    while both are important, retention can provide a solid foundation for sustainable growth. It’s easier to upsell and cross-sell to existing customers.
    Susan R. Pruitt
    Both are essential for growth.
    Henry
    I believe acquiring new customers and retaining and nurturing existing ones are inseparable. Good feature iterations attract new users and enhance the experience for current ones. Perhaps conducting surveys on which features users most want to see updated would be a great way to retain customers.