• Subscribe
  • Does social media get too much for you sometimes?

My3 Murthy
    10 replies
    I am live on couple of platforms & at the end i end up feeling frazzled and spread thin. Do you feel the same? How do you combat this?

Replies

Olivia Rose Thompson
    Yeah, social media can def be overwhelming at times! I find it helps to set limits, like only checking a couple times a day vs. constantly. And focusing on engaging with content/people that energize me rather than drain me. Sometimes a social media detox for a few days can be really refreshing too. The key is being intentional about how you use it vs. letting it suck you in.
    My3 Murthy
    @lucasbenjaminfoster1 this is such valuable advice- scheduling your social media time instead of checking it constantly is great!
    Marcie Johns
    I try to limit my time. The main issue I have with social media is that it is not very social. People can present themselves very differently than how they really are in person. The second issue I have and this is a problem with Youtube and LinkedIn.. is that I consume actionable content but then I don't carve out the time to do the steps and take the action. That can be harmful in the sense that it can make one feel as if they are not getting anything done. I think you have to guard yourself from that. Many times with content creators you are seeing the end result or the tip of the iceberg. You are not seeing the years they spent in mistake-land building up their thick skin for their ability to quick spit out their content.
    My3 Murthy
    @marciej This is such a great point- this might also be the reason why I feel "I am not doing enough" or "I am wasting my time" when I on social media. Not because there is a lack of useful information, but because I am unable to apply the knowledge I gain. I am going to save your comment & come back to it- again & again- do some deep thinking on this. Thanks for sharing this Marcie!
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Feel you! And haven't handled it. The only good thing for our mental health is to set up limits. I try to be active and answer notifications but my inboxes suffer because I am not prompt (some messages are unanswered for months and when I reply, it is a little bit off for the recipient). 😅
    My3 Murthy
    @busmark_w_nika I totally understand- turning off the notifications is such a blessing, it gets hard when I fall into the habit of opening the app without prompting.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    @my3_murthy That's why I am permanently on laptop :D easier to answer (and faster) :D
    I completely understand where you are coming from. Social media can definitely become overwhelming at times, but it's important to find a balance that works for you. Taking breaks, setting boundaries, and prioritizing self-care are great ways to combat the constant bombardment of information on social media. Remember to focus on what truly matters to you and don't be afraid to step back when needed. We are building a marketing AI called Contentify AI. It's free and easy to set up. Check out the "Launching soon"!
    Gurkaran Singh
    Oh, absolutely! Sometimes managing multiple social media platforms feels like trying to juggle Wi-Fi signals in a crowded cafe. To combat the frazzle, I've found that setting clear boundaries and occasional digital detoxes work wonders. How about you?
    Mileva
    Yes, sometimes using too much social media can create a mental clutter and become quite confusing for me as well.