Does redesign count as PH launch?

Ilya Spike
11 replies
The other day I saw a project that launched just for a new re-skin done, no new functionality. A website redesign is oftentimes a big task to do, but at what point does it become a launch-worthy? Curious if anyone used it as a marketing tactic on PH or community does not receive it well?

Replies

Sankar Isanaka
I don't think PH validates your product versions from launch to launch, what's important is the PH-community, you seek their attention with launch so you let them do as well by not spamming with unnecessary launches.
Swayam
Yes it does
James Wilson
Yes anythings works
Oxana
Hi Ilya! As far as I know - it shouldn't. I had a major feature update and I was communicating with the PH team to describe if this is a launch-worthy one. only after that they allowed me to submit a new launch
Oisin O'Reilly
No, the redesign does not count as a Product Hunt (PH) launch
Redesigning your product or website can indeed be considered a significant event worthy of a Product Hunt launch, especially if the redesign brings substantial improvements or introduces new features. When planning your launch strategy, it's essential to highlight the key enhancements or changes that users can expect from the redesign. Utilizing tools like AiToolsKit.ai can assist in optimizing your product description, visuals, and marketing materials for the launch, ensuring maximum visibility and engagement on Product Hunt. ProductHunt Page: https://rebrand.ly/23bf12