Do you wish PH supports personal message?

Indu Thangamuthu
14 replies
I sometimes wish PH supports sending personal messages. How about you?

Replies

Eric Park
Voting no because a core value prop of the platform is the openness and helpfulness of the members. Something valuable to one may be also valuable to others, so just type it in forums!
Richard Gao
Yes. A lot of people (especially newer ones) don't think to add their linkedin, twitter, or other means of contacting them in their bio despite wanting to connect, so there's no way of doing so. Adding personal messages would make this whole ordeal a lot easier. There could be issues with spam, but other social media sites have been dealing with this forever, so it shouldn't be too difficult to resolve.
Indu Thangamuthu
@richard_gao2 True! Also, getting to know people here and going to LinkedIn or other platforms to connect with them feels like a long night journey!😴 N' true, I don't wish to receive spam mails or ads in messages too. Spams... I believe these platforms have solutions. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, @richard_gao2! Have a great day, ahead!
Jareer Samad
Agree @richard_gao2 . Plus with close knit PH community, the likelihood of spams are comparatively less compared to other social apps.
Richard Gao
@indu_thangamuthu Not only that, but it benefits PH as well. The PH wants to keep you on the website. That's why it takes so many actions to actually go to the website of a product. This will help that more, so they can potentially get more engaged users and more profit.
Lisa L
@richard_gao2 Agree. BUT guess spams may be too many for hunters
Indu Thangamuthu
@richard_gao2 true. personalization is a key in the current tech community and direct messages give that privcay we all look for. PH has to work on that
Dávid Sipos
Nope! It would be a big spam flood. I think my inbox would be filled with request to check new products