• Subscribe
  • Do you think being called a "GPT wrapper" is still an insult, or has that changed?

Vlastimil Vodička
    18 replies

Replies

Miele brown
    it depends on how innovative your product is. If you’re just slapping a basic UI over GPT with no added value, it might still feel like an insult. But if you’re solving a real problem, I don’t think people care.
    Simon Peter Damian
    Most people who call other startups a GPT wrapper simply have no clue how hard it is to put even the simplest of solutions together. At the end of the day, just focus on your target market.
    Vlastimil Vodička
    @theterminalguy exactly. It feels to me the same like calling every digital company an internet wraper or every HW product an electricity wrapper 😀
    Václav Mrkvička
    it's all about the end product, as long as it works and helps me with what I need, I don't really care whether it's a "GPT wrapper" or something else
    Fabian Maume
    There is definitely way to build a moat around a "GPT wrapper": - Create a great User interface (particularly offer the option to edit and iterate on the AI result) - Combine GPT with a specific data set (as a fan of web scraping that is usually my go to).
    Anna Hanusová
    I guess if you're adding value—like unique workflows, insights, or automation—it's no longer an insult but a sign you're leveraging AI effectively.
    Robin P.
    Launching soon!
    I guess it depends, if you're profiling a business as something that is developing cutting edge AI but in reality just uses other tools wrapped in a new jacket - it's not an insult but perhaps an indication to not convolute what the product really is. Ultimately if it can add value to users by leveraging GPT's, it's all good and there is a good reason to exist. I personally also take some issue with all the "AI" companies that didn't develop any actual AI but are applying tools developed by other companies yet are profiling themselves as cutting edge AI companies.
    Alexander Kovalov
    Who cares? If your product solve the problem and provide a value - nobody cares what wrapper do you use.
    Nathan Covey
    Not something you want to be called
    Anish Hessa
    I don’t think it’s as much of an insult anymore. There are so many GPT powerd tools now, and the value comes from how you package and use it, not just that you’re using GPT.
    Leslie Conner
    from my experience it’s changed . With so many startups building on GPT, the market has shifted to appreciating what value you add, not whether you’re using GPT as a foundation.
    Scott Todd
    I used to think being labeled a GPT wrapper had a negative connotation, but now it feels more like a badge of honor. It shows that you're leveraging powerful technology!
    Gwendolyn Kira
    I see both sides of the argument. While some may view it as a simple integration, others recognize the effort it takes to create something genuinely useful.
    Jack Hayes
    I feel like the perception is shifting. Many apps are using GPT as a foundation, and it's exciting to see how creators are building unique experiences on top of it.
    Grace Kelly
    it can still be n insult if the product feels lazy or unoriginal but if the wrapper enhances GPT in meaningful ways i think people see the value in it now
    Samuel Clarke
    I don’t see it as an insult anymore. Most users just want something that works, and if your GPT based product delivers s that, no one cares what it’s called.
    Charlee Cruz
    It’s all about what you bring to the table. If you’re creating a smart solution on top of GPT, it’s not an insult. If it’s a thin layer with no substance, then yeah, people might still see it negatively.