Do you start your day by doing the easiest task on your list or the hardest?

Ezgi Aydın
27 replies
I always do a slow start and do my easiest task first. What is your opinion on this?

Replies

Boris Rieunier
For sure we all have différent levels of energy throughout the day. Most likely you will not be right away in it first half hour or After lunch. Personally hours in the morning are my most productive one. Dépends on how you are organized and if you work alone. For example I like to start my day early so that I Can Do deepwork before slack lights up like a christmas three 😁 Also I think its important not to make the mistake of having too much for a day in your todo. If you move task from one day to the next constantly might bé that you have too much not that you need to better organize. Can get you demotivated real fast!
Adith Mathialagan
Couldn't agree with you more. Crossing of an item in my list gives me a satisfaction of being productive and to me it's the biggest self-motivator, especially, when it happens earlier in the day.
I first tackle the hardest tasks. As the day progresses I lose energy and motivation so I like to start out strong and finish gently 😊
Ekrem Çetinkaya
Depends on the day. If I have the entire day free ahead of me, I pick the hardest task so that I can finish it that day. If I think I don't have enough time to complete a difficult task, then I pick easier ones. This way I at least manage to finish them :)
Svitlana Palamarchuk
easiest. Always start my day by checking on my stats dashboards :)
Ruslan.D
easiest for evening, hardest for morning skip breakfast, only strong coffee
MARIZSA
Easy then hard! It gives a sense of accomplishment which encourages me to continue on.
Nim Bar-Levin
Great one! I always recommend to start with a couple of less-than-2-minutes kind of tasks - for "warm-up" 😉 and then straight to the 1-2 big ones of today...
amanah alfian
Hardest, need some extra energy more to be solved. lol
Igor Lysenko
I'm most likely the type of person that starts right away with difficult tasks.
Anna Starodub
It depends on my mood. Sometimes I just need some time to procrastinate. But usually I do the hardest. Once I've read about Eat the Frog, I've stared to practice this and it's really productive practice. If you are not yet familiar with Eat the Frog method, just google it, it is really worthy.
Sean P.
Good point on the slow start, sometime we need that. For me normally I start with top 3 tasks which crossed between must-have and urgently due (e.g today)
Seth Nyame
That's the excellent way but you should learn how to start faster in a given task, I think.
Dianne Adlawan
Same, I usually start the day by listing all of the tasks I only want to focus on today, then start taking them out one by one with the easiest task to accomplish first followed by the ones that needed more focus & thinking.
Garland Coulson (Captain Time)
"Worst first" always. Then I reward myself with my easy tasks late in the day. [I am a time management coach]
Subin Babu
It depends on the task at hand. Sometimes it's necessary to start with the easiest tasks to build momentum. It's all about finding the right approach for each situation.
Indu Thangamuthu
The priority one...based on submission time.