Do you procrastinate?

Luka Brzin
16 replies
Latest studies showed that at least 25% of adults procrastinate regulary and that every employee spends more than 60 minutes procrastinating every day. I feel like this is quite in issue in the creative world as I also suffer from this quite often (every day). I'm interested about hearing your thoughts on this problem and what you do to solve it :)

Replies

Marina
I think procrastination also depends a lot on your state of mind in the particular moment and motivation. For me sometimes it's hard to concentrate when I have too much on my plate in private life. I got destructed easily if something related to problem appears (call/news from beloved ones). As for motivation issue - it's a lot about your level of satisfaction at your job (interesting project, good management, future development/growth perspectives). If those are missing, people start to procrastinate much more since job is not bringing them satisfaction. And information flow nowadays is just crazy. Our brain is overloaded and destructed by all the things/thoughts around. May be it's a way of the body to protect itself as well. I try to set short goals daily in the morning for myself. Also, I try to limit/switch-off my phone/other sources of communication apart from work if possible during pick working hours.
Arthur Leclercq
I often procrastinate, the best way to solve it (in my opinion) is to be well organized also as varying your tasks, that would be my advice
Luka Brzin
@arthur_leclercq do you use any tools/apps to orginize your tasks?
Arthur Leclercq
@luka_brzin a good and old agenda works well with me, what i am not using anymore but I used to love as a salesman is Pipedrive, it resumes all the tasks you have to do daily and at what time with all the info needed (notes of your last call...)
André J
Launching soon!
Some look at their watch and it can't move fast enough. others look at their watch and wish it could move slower. I think if your in the first group your most likely just on the wrong path. And you should get on the path where you wish time moved slower.
Vlada D
Always :( The only thing helping me is YouTube videos with lo-fi compilations
Luka Brzin
@vlada_d Have you tried any apps?
Julia Engelsmann
Sadly I do, But I think we have to accept that we can't be productive 100% of the time and sometimes it's better to take a break and do something nice instead of just sitting in front of the computer and procrastinate
Luka Brzin
@julia_engelsmann has it ever affected your work in a more negative matter (missing a deadline, being late to a meeting, etc.)
Mary T. Hodge
"Yeah, I do sometimes. It depends on what I have to do. If it's something I find boring or overwhelming, I tend to put it off. But I try to manage it by setting deadlines or breaking tasks into smaller chunks."
Luka Brzin
@mary_t_hodge Using any apps to help you manage your tasks?
I am sure it is more than 60 min :D
Peter Fil
why not, procrastination is a part of life, 60 mins is sure ok. But it's better to procrastinate consciously and in some active way.
Kajal d4
Turn your "later" into "now" and solved it.
Keith Mc
You are opening a can of worms here @luka_brzin 😂
Gurkaran Singh
Oh, procrastination - the art of avoiding tasks like they're Monday mornings! I combat it by breaking down tasks into bite-sized chunks, like debugging code - one step at a time!