• Subscribe
  • Do you plan your week in advance? If so, how?

Anoir Houmou
    18 replies

Replies

Michael Kurek
    I do not. I wing my weeks usually. At the beginning of the day I kind of know what I'm going to do, but weekly, too far in advance to think about. Too much stress to put on that day before the week starts to worry about the future. So, I tend to focus on my days rather than weeks.
    Joseph Natoli
    LOOFT- A/C Redefined
    Hey Anoir 👋 I wish I was a better planned for the week ahead, but sadly, I live in an organised chaos mostly. That said my Co-Founder and I reserve some time in our Monday Morning Meeting to look ahead at the week to plan what we should be focusing on. For us, this works.
    Anoir Houmou
    @joseph_natoli I try to plan too but I do love some organised chaos! Got to keep things balanced I guess 😅
    Carter Michael
    I do for projects! But as for my personal life I do that the night before, however a lot of my project planning will of course influence my day so it works out pretty well! As for the how, it’s messy but works for me. I have an idea at the start of planning where I want my project to be at the end of the week, then I back track a to-do list breaking down tasks into their smallest components. This is all in one page in Notion. Lastly, if I didn’t do this at the same time, I break the tasks into chunks for each day of the week leading up to the last day. That’s it! Messy but helpful (for me). Cheers Anoir, great question.
    Anoir Houmou
    @carter_barnett great tactic! I like too break the tasks into chunks for each day, it helps with my motivation!
    Lydia Cohen
    Yes. I list all to-dos and complete them one by one. Having a plan makes me less distracted.
    Sherry Xena
    Yes, follow the plan
    Referr
    Always, I find time blocking in 15-minute increments works best for me, I also create daily priority to-do lists. Working through one task at a time until complete before moving onto the next. At the end of the day I review my progress against my list and reprioritize ahead of the next day and the process repeats.
    Olatz Urrutia
    Sunday afternoons and Monday mornings are for that: planning, creating lists and schedules.
    Ágh Helmut
    In Notion I have a kanban board that lists all my tasks for the week in a column. To be more flexible with my time, I don't have a clear plan on when I will complete them. Every morning I drag some tasks into the "Today" column and the goal of the day to complete them all.