Do you like having a set daily routine or go with the flow? 🌟

PRIYANKA MANDAL
79 replies

Replies

Prem Saini
It varies. I have a strict routine for my mornings and a set bedtime at night. However, my work schedule is flexible because, as a founder, I'm constantly overseeing different areas.
PRIYANKA MANDAL
@prem_saini1 That makes sense Prem. Having a routine for mornings and bedtime provides stability, especially with a flexible work schedule.
Business Marketing with Nika
50/50. If I am strict on myself too much (which I am), I feel very down that I haven't completed everything so I need to be a little bit moderate and go some things with the flow :)
PRIYANKA MANDAL
@busmark_w_nika I totally get that Nika. Finding the right balance between structure and flexibility can make a big difference. 😊
Alex gleen
I thrive on a routine
Ali Asad Ullah
I mostly go with the flow
PRIYANKA MANDAL
@aliasadullah Nice Ali. Any tips on balancing that with staying on track?
Mia Fullin
I like go with the flow, got chance to meet with new thing
PRIYANKA MANDAL
@lujackey That's cool Mia. Going with the flow does open up opportunities for new experiences. Any interesting ones you've had recently?
Elaine Lu
I prefer having a set daily routine as it helps me stay organized and productive. However, I do enjoy going with the flow on weekends to relax and recharge.
ISTIAK AHMAD
Yes , though i keep failing the routine but yes πŸ˜…
PRIYANKA MANDAL
@istiakahmad Totally get that. It's the effort that counts, right? πŸ˜„
Benith Harbor
Mostly it is depend on my mood
After living for about 4 years in a spiritual and hippie spot, I realised how true the phrase 'only dead fishes go with the flow' is. I know, it's a brutal take.
PRIYANKA MANDAL
@anushkakarmakar That's an interesting perspective Anushka. Living in a spiritual and hippie spot must have been quite an experience.
William Willey
Go with the flow
Stephen Maden
50/50.. depend on my mood
Tegan Bradleys
Depends on the day. Some time I need plans
Tegan Bradleys
I am all about efficiency, so a routine help me to finish my goals
Igor Lysenko
I preferred that everything go according to schedule, but there are times when you need to disrupt something and do something else, and I’m ready for that.
Jacob Henry
I set daily routine, it keep me focused and productive
Ditarth Desai
I prefer having a set daily routine.
Jacob
I usually go with the flow. It allows me to adapt to new opportunities and challenges as they come up.
Hitha Boorla
The two approaches, having a strict routine and "going with the flow" serve two purposes. When the work is mechanical or set in structure, you can follow a routine. It creates a practice, improves your overall functionality, punctuality and reliability. But when you're working with variables. like anything creative, mostly involving people. Take marketing for example. You simply cannot set a strict routine and follow it. You can have a guideline or a process, everyone does. But there are simply too many variables for you to stick to one approach. Trends change, people change, and sometimes the product changes with time as well. Go with the flow, but the "flow" is your environment, what comes at you, how things change, going with it means you adapt. One could argue you can't really get there without practice, how would you adapt to different approaches if you haven't mastered even one? In my opinion everyone starts with a routine, further they build the ability to go with the flow.
PRIYANKA MANDAL
@hitha_boorla That's a thoughtful perspective Hitha. Combining routine and adaptability seems like a balanced approach. Starting with a routine helps build a strong foundation and develops essential skills. Once those are in place, being able to go with the flow allows for flexibility and responsiveness to changing circumstances. It's true that different types of work benefit from different approaches, and finding the right balance between structure and adaptability can make a big difference.
My3 Murthy
I like to have a set weekly routine - which allows me to have variation from day-to-day but a routine to follow over all. But I tend to go with a flow because I haven't fully committed to a routine!
PRIYANKA MANDAL
@my3_murthy sounds like a good balance Murthy. Having a flexible weekly routine gives you structure while still allowing for spontaneity.
Kehui Guo
I definitely need a routine to keeps going! but life happens, and sometimes if i can’t follow my routine exactly, i don’t mind going with the flow~