Do you have solid boundaries? Share what boundaries look like for you (work/life/etc.)

Mary Clare O'Donnell
5 replies
Is the way you're using boundaries working for you? Do you feel like you have good control of your time and how you spend your energy?

Replies

Kat Lapelosa
I am working on my boundaries, but the way work changed during the pandemic certainly helped. I do feel more comfortable having time to process decisions in my own way in my own space, rather than feeling pressure to decide them on-site. Great question!
Nicole Chaplin
I now do have better boundaries up. Not everyone should have access to you. Also being a Mom, my time needs to be calculated so I can do my best at raising my son. I don't allow myself to engage in phone calls or texts messages after 8:30pm, that time is family time and wind down time.
Daniyar Yeskaliyev
It was hard when WFH started in 2020. It's really hard to work in the same space where you live / relax, and hard to relax where you're supposed to work. But now I'm used to it and work in a hybrid mode, so it's way easier.
Mariah Williamson
Solid question Mary Clare. Like Nicole, as a Mom, I find that my TEA (time, energy, and attention) is limited. So I have to be selective about where it is going. For me, boundaries look like my phone being on DND most of the day, shifting social time to the weekends, and taking breaks during work to check in with my son or shift focus. I am very fortunate to be able to WFH as it is much easier to keep those boundaries solidified.
Nancy Talton
I am working on my boundaries