• Subscribe
  • Do you have any tips when inputting prompts into Chat GPT?

Charlie Kor
    14 replies
    Here are some tips I use when writing my prompts! (with example) Think of the generative AI as an employee who just came into work today. 1. Clearly state their role and scope of work. For example, you are my advertising manager. Your main job is to analyze my ad reports and tell me about ad efficiency. 2. Inform them about the company's business goals, the context surrounding the task: context. For example, we have been selling chairs for about 5 years now and are generating about 10 million won in revenue per month. We are currently running ads on Amazon. The report I'm attaching is our June ad report. 3. Give precise instructions on the task. For example, refer to the advertising report and tell me which keywords should be included and which ones should be excluded. 4.Provide necessary information for the task. Provide files that can provide the information I want, such as Excel, CSV files. 5. Provide examples of previously performed tasks. Bring good examples and cases and have them referred to. 6. Inform them about what not to do while performing the task. For example, please do not just advise to increase ad costs. If you input prompts without any guidelines, Chat GPT ends up babbling nonsense. Knowing how to utilize prompts and providing guidelines can yield higher quality answers. How do you input your prompts?

Replies

Nicholas Foster
    When inputting prompts into ChatGPT, ensure they're clear and specific, asking one thing at a time, while providing necessary context, and if possible, instructing the model on the format or style you want the answer in to get the most accurate and useful responses.
    Flora WU
    Kyligence Copilot
    Kyligence Copilot
    Thanks for sharing!
    Lindsay Davis
    Amazing tips. Thank you for sharing!
    Bryan McAnulty
    Great tips. #5 is one that I feel is often overlooked. When you show GPT exactly how the task should be performed with an example, it is great at being able to follow it.
    Frank Hernandez
    Thanks for sharing @charlie_lee1! Great tips.
    Anusua Seal
    Thank you for sharing! Awesome tips.
    Elena Tsemirava
    Thanks, it's really useful.
    Edward G
    Flavored Resume
    Flavored Resume
    #6 is often forgotten, but can really help
    Nick Trierweiler
    Hi all! An interesting one that we use often is "scaffolding". Basically provide the AI with a form to fill out with helpful notes about what to put in each section. You can even have the AI create this, and then fill it in. Here's an example we used for copywriting: Business Information: Business Name: (The official name of your business) Type of Business: (The industry or sector your business operates in) Size of Business: (The scale of your business - small, medium, or large) Business Locations: (The geographical location(s) where your business operates) Product/Service Information: Name of Product/Service: (The name or type of the main product or service your business offers) Features of Product/Service: (Key attributes or properties of your product/service) Benefits of Product/Service: (Advantages or positive outcomes for customers using your product/service) Unique Selling Proposition: (What differentiates your product/service from competitors) Target Audience Information: Age Range: (The age range of your primary target audience) Gender: (The gender of your primary target audience) Occupation: (The profession or job role of your primary target audience) Interests: (The hobbies, preferences, or needs of your target audience) Geographic Location: (The geographical area where your target audience is located) Competitive Landscape: Main Competitors: (Major competitors in your business field) Competitive Advantage: (What sets your business apart from the competitors) Marketing Objectives: Key Messages: (Main ideas or themes you want to communicate to your audience) Desired Action from Audience: (What you want your audience to do after reading your copy) Preferred Tone of Voice: (The feel or character of your message - professional, friendly, informative, etc.) Additional Information: Business Owner: (The name of the business owner or key contact person) Website: (The URL of your business website) Cheers!
    Tin Chung
    I think following the cookbook is the best technique: https://github.com/openai/openai.... Otherwise, you can look at langchain and see how they structure their prompt template
    Kate
    Provide as more details as possible. Then the result you get is stunning!
    When inputting prompts into Chat GPT, it is important to be as clear and concise as possible. The AI will need to understand what you are asking for in order to generate a relevant response. Here are a few tips for writing effective prompts: Start with a clear goal. What do you want Chat GPT to do? Are you looking for a summary of a text, a creative writing prompt, or something else? Provide context. Give Chat GPT some background information about the topic you are asking about. This will help the AI generate a more accurate and relevant response. Be specific. The more specific you are, the better the response you will get. For example, instead of saying "Write me a poem," say "Write me a poem about love." Use examples. If you can, provide Chat GPT with examples of the kind of response you are looking for. This will help the AI understand what you want. Here AiToolsKit comes into play. AiToolsKit.ai is a productivity AI platform that can help you with all of your AI, Seo, Social media and writing tasks, including inputting prompts into Chat GPT. AiToolsKit.ai has a built-in prompt generator that can help you create clear and concise prompts for Chat GPT. The prompt generator also provides context and examples, so you can be sure that Chat GPT will generate a relevant response. In addition to the prompt generator, AiToolsKit.ai also has a variety of other tools that can help you in your needs such as AI Undetectable rewriter, AI Art generator, Keyword research like ahrefs, Regionwise Youtube trending videos finder, Image quality enhancer etc. Do checkout.