Do you guys like watching short videos, like TikTok videos? Why?

Lydia Cohen
41 replies

Replies

Jason Andries
I like it because you're able to soak up more information in a short span of time and do more in-depth research on the topic if you'd like to
Lydia Cohen
@jason_andries1 Yes, we live in the age of information explosion. That's really one way we connect to the world.
Aaron Jackson
I don't like it very much. I don't see much
Lydia Cohen
@aaron_jacksonyy I don't like it either. TikTok is addictive. That's why I'm afraid to install it on my phone.
Minha Nadeem
Lets just say that it's the thing I waste most of my time on.
Lydia Cohen
@mahad_kamran I also waste a lot of time on my phone...
Seeing Chen
My time on the subway belongs to it~
Lydia Cohen
@seeing_chen Glad to hear you enjoyed your subway time!
Jason Lee
Yes, there are a lot of funny content on it, let me relax.
Lydia Cohen
@jason_lee_3282 Yeah, there are many interesting content creators!
Anne Broadwin
actually no. I think it's low efficiency to absorb info in videos, although they present far more. I just like controlling the speed like when i'm reading a book
Lydia Cohen
@annebroadwin That's true. Too many short videos tend to make people lose concentration.
Joe Shaw
So addictive🆘
Lydia Cohen
@joeshaw0129 It seems that short videos are the leading trend now.
Anoir Houmou
Yes! Informative short videos tend to prompt audiences to do their own research after consuming a short content piece.
Lydia Cohen
@anoirhoumou Yeah, there are a lot of informative short videos!
Krishnaswamy Anand Ganesh
I think the sheer diversity of emotions and experience in a very short span keeps us hooked
Lydia Cohen
@krishnaswamy_anand_ganesh Agree. That's why we indulge in it.
Angeli Zhao
I try to watch them as little as possible, so much is known about the negative effects of scrolling through too much short videos. Instead, I try to stick to longer, more informative videos of topics I'm interested in on Youtube.
Lydia Cohen
@angeli_ I prefer text, followed by longer videos, such as documentaries or films. Hope all goes well with your goal!
Rebecca Tany
I like Tiktok, a good way to relax and get to know new trendings
Lydia Cohen
@rebeccatany That's true. That's where we can learn a lot.
Sara Arcouet
Yes. It's very convenient because you can learn different things in a very short time. After that, you have to be careful with this platform because a lot of videos are made to make the buzz because of the pay. And the algorithm on Tik Tok is very present.
Lydia Cohen
@sara_arcouet I would call it a win-win.
Witt Teo
Yes, short videos can be a quick and entertaining way to pass the time.
Lydia Cohen
@witt_teo Yes, they are relaxing. But we need to control the amount of time spent on it.
Hanieh Haddad
I do like them, cause they're mostly so funny, but I don't use TikTok cause I know then I would compensate my work stress with watching videos 24/7!
Lydia Cohen
@hani_haddad >< TikTok is addictive.
Vincent Chinc
Make the boring time go faster
Lydia Cohen
@vincentchinc Yeees, bring us a lot of fun!
Anna Chen
Yes, I like to watch in my spare time, like when I'm on the subway. It's a great way to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and topics.
Lydia Cohen
@annachen_ Yes, it is somehow leading the trend.