• Subscribe
  • Do you feel that the information on the internet and in the real world is different?

Philipp Shay
    11 replies
    I am traveling around Balkans. Today I'm in the heart of Serbia in a small village. I had a conversation with a local. We talked about how Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina are seen as unattractive, poor, and unsafe countries on the internet. You won't find many positive feedbacks. These countries are simply unpopular. But let me tell you I'm currently traveling in Serbia and I'm really enjoying this country. I didn't expect this. Nowadays internet marketing influences us: we tend to go where there are more positive reviews and beautiful content. Agree?

Replies

It usually depends on the sources that you use to read about something and your expectations too.
    @kinzarra you told about the difference between real and internet. How it connected to the promotion?
    Philipp Shay
    @serhii_uspenskyi I'm talking about marketing and promotion. Imagine, if you don't promote your product, you won't be able to sell it. This applies to everything, like countries, hotels, places, and brands.
    Shajedul Karim
    internet vs real world? different lenses, same reality. online, perception skews, often fueled by the loud few. offline, life unfurls in nuance. think about it: one bad review can frame a whole country. but on ground? that's where the narrative cracks, widens. we find unexpected joys, hidden spots. the un-instagrammable, yet deeply human. true, marketing sways us. makes us tourists in places, even in our own lives. but to know a place, really know it, requires stepping into its silence. the internet serves the appetizer, experience dishes the main course. so yes, i agree. the digital map isn't the terrain. keep exploring.
    Daniel Hunt
    Imo it's difficult for there to be multiple perspectives on the internet at the same time. All ideas/thoughts about a particular thing tend to gravitate to a single, often sensationalized steady-state. For me that explains it!
    Andrew Cook
    100% You can say anything you want on the internet. throw some fancy background music and edit in lighting and BOOM, the place is gorgeous even if there's trash in the streets. It takes like 10 seconds. Your experience is what is also known as propaganda. Most of the world isn't as terrible as the news and Internet make it out to be. Even places like East St Louis (#1 for crime for years according to statistics) isn't terrible. The media makes it seem that way, but it isn't.
    Kimberly Gonzalez
    For sure. Internet's a highlight reel, man. Real world is way more nuanced. Online, everyone's an expert or an influencer.
    Philipp Shay
    @kgonzalezkg8 highlight reel, that’s exactly what I’m talking about! Great 👍
    Pablo
    Yes, i also thing so. Real info is much more different.