• Subscribe
  • Do you believe that a product's logo (design) has a significant impact on its marketing and sales?

Chris Lindner
    13 replies

Replies

Igor Lysenko
    A nice logo will give you a big tick in front of people.
    Tom Garcy
    I don't believe that just a logo works that way. Nowadays, nothing is just about the logo in branding – it's the whole ecosystem around it, the whole visual, using space, typography, and color. The logo itself is just an element. Based on my experience with launching on Product Hunt, the design has a TREMENDOUS impact on how the product is seen and on sales. If you check comments on my launch page, I think it's obvious: https://www.producthunt.com/post...
    Chris Lindner
    @tom_garcy Hi Tom, I've tried Kyugo and it's amazing! I totally agree your thoughts, but I also want to know if it will impact the awareness and downloads? There are too many similar apps on the market. If we don’t have an advertising budget, how can we make users want to click on it when they first see it on the app store listing?
    Tom Garcy
    @cld thanks, Chris! It will impact awareness and downloads. I think you don't need a budget, you need a good designer who can prepare visuals that are easy to read, vivid, and bold. The design of the app helps as well, but don't be afraid to be different. Check branding from sites like https://the-brandidentity.com/index . The product could look similar to others, but the communication and branding can make it stand out.
    Olena Bomko
    The LinkedIn Inbound Playbook
    Chris Lindner
    @olenabomko Hey Olena, thank you for sharing your opinion. Do you think other marketing methods can make up for the shortcomings in design?
    Tom Garcy
    @olenabomko I think you can miss out a lot if you don't care about the branding and design of the product, especially if you have just 24 hours to talk to your audience.
    Olena Bomko
    @tom_garcy Why only 24 hours? Do you think logo = branding and design?
    Tom Garcy
    @olenabomko No, if you read my other comment in this discussion, I think you'll get my point. The logo itself means almost nothing. But the design (meaning identity and branding) do. 24 hours = Launch day
    I think this is a question of scale. If you are pre launch, you will probably talk to almost all of your users directly, and you will get the opportunity to tell people who you are and what you do. Once you scale, people will start coming across your product organically. At this point, things like logo design start to matter more, because at this stage its one of the key ways users get information about who you are and what you do
    Brian Hurst
    Does it have a significant impact on marketing and sales? Probably not. Does it still have an impact? I believe so. When you're getting your business off the ground, it doesn't matter too much, but as you try to scale, you have to drive brand awareness. A clean, simple, and recognizable logo, in my opinion, has a much greater chance of being memorable than a poorly designed or forgettable logo, and when facets of your brand are memorable, you keep people coming back.
    Drew "Sales Playbook Builder" Williams
    no. It's the execution of a sales process with a product that resonates with a niche group of people.