• Subscribe
  • Do we need to have a fully functioning product to launch on Product Hunt?

Ayush Agarwal
    7 replies
    I am considering launching an AI product that has rate limitations. Beyond these limits, users will need to pay a small fee. The fee mechanism is still in progress. In the meantime, users will see a popup inviting them to receive notifications via email for full access. Is it alright to launch this way, or do we need a fully functional product before launching?

Replies

Abhra Ch.
    Not really. You can launch a MVP or waitlisted product as well to gain traction. Can launch Beta version to get some user feedback and then subsequently launch version 2.0, 3.0 and so on.
    Lady Diana
    @abhra_ch Could you conifrm again as I think PH discourage waitlisted kind of products? sometimes they dont featured it on product hunt's homepage.
    Ayush Agarwal
    @abhra_ch Thanks Abhra, will go ahead with launch 🚀
    Tori Daneb
    Absolutely, you can launch without a fully functional product. I did something similar with my own project last year, and it worked out great. Just be upfront about the rate limitations and that the fee mechanism is still being developed. People on Product Hunt appreciate honesty and are often willing to give constructive feedback. Make sure the main features work well and use this as an opportunity to refine your product based on real user input.
    Ayush Agarwal
    @topi_danember Thanks,Tori. I'll mention the rate limitation and fee mechanism. I'd love to get some initial feedback from the Product Hunt community anyway.
    Hugo Dominic Carmichael
    I think it's okay to launch with a limited free version to start building an audience. Many successful products have used this approach. Just be transparent that it's an early version, and have a clear roadmap for rolling out the full paid features soon after launch. Inviting waitlist signups for the full version is a good move. The key is delivering enough value in the free version to get people excited. Good luck with the launch!
    Ayush Agarwal
    @hugodominiccarmichael Thanks Hugo, creating a clear roadmap seems to be a good idea, will mention upcoming features in popup content.