• Subscribe
  • Do followers on Product Hunt matter?

Nico Muoio
    12 replies
    Followers on other social media platforms could be super helpful when launching a new product. Is there a benefit to growing a following here on PH prior to a launch?

Replies

Bhavna Singh
    I believe the followers play a significant role in your journey to launch on the Product Hunt. The upvotes matters and if you have good number of followers they might upvote which may help your rankings.
    Owen Fay
    I don't think it matters for launching a product but I think it can definitely help with upvotes once you do launch.
    Hey Nico I did a blog post of this as I wondered too! https://maxwellcdavis.com/is-it-...
    Toni King
    @maxwellcdavis As someone new to PH, and planning a launch soon, your blog post was helpful. Thank you
    Rich Watson
    I believe it only matters for bringing attention to your name. Following and being followed, replying to and being replied to- when you launch your product users might see "Oh I've seen that name" and upvote
    Yes, I feel they are significant. Followers of a user on Product Hunt will receive a notification when the user will "Hunt", "Launch", or "Start" a discussion. Further, it also helps in building creditability.
    Zoon Zookla
    Not in direct conversions I believe. But it is good channel to spread the word out in general. Followers might upvote even without seeing what your product is just because you supported them. I think it adds bit to your brand if you are able to get product of day/week tags etc based on strength of your network.