• Subscribe
  • Digital Menus vs. Paper Menus - which is best for you?

abidar zaamoun
    8 replies

Replies

Sunil Ayar
    Both work perfect if I can see all the items clearly. UX matters
    Richard Gao
    For restaurants? Either one works for me. It depends how the digital menu is served though. I've seen restaurants have ipads where they list the information on there, but everything still operates like a physical menu, which offers no new value. However, I find digital menus that allow you to order without speaking to a waiter much more useful since it saves time. Digital menus that are entirely online rather than being a physical device are also quite useful.
    Hemant Warier
    Personally, I prefer digital menus over paper menus. While paper menus have their charm and can be more aesthetically pleasing, digital menus offer a lot of benefits that I find useful. One of the main reasons I prefer digital menus is the convenience factor. With a digital menu, I can easily scroll through the options, filter by specific types of food or drinks, and even see images of the dishes. This makes it easier for me to decide what I want to order and speeds up the process of placing my order. Additionally, digital menus are often more eco-friendly as they eliminate the need for paper menus that can quickly become waste. This aligns with my personal values and I appreciate that I can enjoy a restaurant experience without contributing to unnecessary waste. Finally, digital menus can also offer interactive features, such as the ability to customize and personalize orders, add special requests, or even pay for the meal directly through the menu. This makes the dining experience more streamlined and efficient, which is always a plus in my book. Overall, while paper menus can have their charm, I find that digital menus offer a lot of benefits that make them the better choice for me.
    Matt Li
    Paper menu for me. I like being able to see everything sectioned off, and when I'm deciding on what to order it's helpful to know where the items exist spatially on the menu
    Paper menus for me - much easier to browse the options
    Richard B. Bautista
    Digital. Where I can compare easily the different items
    William Mutraji
    Personally I think digital menus are a good choice for restaurants. As there is many benefits of having digital menus like: You can update all your restaurant menus from one place with one click. Can add or remove items from the menus. Load the same menu to different location devices at the same time. Schedule different menu in a day to be played on devices. Digital menus are a preferred option now a days for fast food joints and restaurants as they can chop and change the menu without having any help or printing a new menu. There are different types of free digital menu board templates are provided by many digital signage services. It gives a lot of convenience to the restaurant owners to change the design of the menu or have multi screens for menus. Paper Menus are there but they can't be changed every few days and sometimes if the product written on menu is not available the customer can get unhappy. So I personally think that digital menus are the way to go as it might help the restaurant businesses to be more productive and increase their sales as their is no better way to attract a customers than the visual representation of your product especially in restaurants.