• Subscribe
  • Did your first product fail, and if so, why?

Manoj R
    20 replies

Replies

Yannick
    Yep, it failed. It never went to Featured page. I suppose it was because I was a Product Hunt newbie. In fact, I should launch my product again in the next months and see if it happens again.
    Yannick
    @manoj_11 Nope, not at all, but I began my journey by signing in on Product Hunt and directly submitting my product without any audience or anything else. I think the best advice when you begin your journey, even before having a product, is to grow your community. It will grow during product development, and you'll probably not be the outsider I was two months ago. Probably not.
    Julia Chacur
    @mho22 what are you doing since to prevent your next one of failing?
    Manoj R
    @mho22 Is product hunt is the only platform to make your product success?
    Yannick
    @julia_chacurI make efforts to discover numerous launch opportunities, expand my community, and increase my visibility. However, juggling these tasks with product development proves to be extremely challenging.
    Julia Chacur
    @mho22 yes, it's challenging to deal with product development and marketing, especially when you are bootstrapping and don't have a marketing budget. I'm thinking of how I can grow my community in here... thanks for sharing your insights!
    Pam K.
    What is your definition of "fail"?
    Manoj R
    @silisolutionist Unable to achieve the goal, which could be related to acquiring paid users, discontinuing the project, and so on.
    Manoj R
    @silisolutionist And what is your definition?
    Pam K.
    @manoj_11 I'll be more specific. I don't have a defiition for "fail" for anything where the competition can be rigged, i.e. things like number of upvotes, number of followers, number of reviews, etc.. It becomes quite obvious what is happening once you launch. :-) I have received numerous emails and X DMs asking for my money to buy upvotes. I can see how getting to any spot on the leaderboard can be quite easy. So, for me, getting to where I am after being on PH for only 2 weeks, NOT buying upvotes and solely by connecting with the community is a great, big as success.
    Pam K.
    @manoj_11 I don't have a definition for "fail" for my PH launch. :-)
    Manoj R
    @silisolutionist Wow I have been looking for hunters like you!
    Dzmitry Tsemirau
    Our first product failed because it was too technically complex to implement.
    Dzmitry Tsemirau
    @manoj_11 Try to simplify it, if possible.