Did you find your market fit before launching?

Olaf
10 replies
Question for all of you makers out here: At what stage are you launching your product on product hunt? Is it a beta/soft launch to receive feedback and pivot if needed? Or are you already confident about your product?

Replies

Leena Chitnis
Nope! Flying by the seat of my pants and will iterate as I go along. I trust that if I find my product highly useful, others will, too. So far response has been slow, but the people who are using my product LOVE it.
Shivangi Awasthi
Sometimes in a Feedback and Adapt mode. Sometimes confident. Sometimes both. Sometimes none. However, doing market fit research and adapting before building is a must.
Arsen Batyuchok 🇺🇦
Hi Olaf, I feel like my product is finally ready to be in public. It's a website editor, and there are around 20 live commercial websites built using it so it's pretty stable (BTW check it out: https://www.producthunt.com/post...) We've been preparing this for two years. We found our market fit pretty easily: we were building sites for a decade now and realised there's no such tool that covers professional studios, where designers and developers can collaborate in a single environment. Albeit a really ambitious idea for such a small team (3 devs and 1 designer), it's a good fit for us - we knew we were experienced enough to be able to navigate when productising and designing such a complex product.
Žiga Kerec
I think a digital product is never finished and it always swivels left and right to try and feel comfortable within it's niche. I am confident about our product, I do believe we have a good product-market fit, but our numbers in the year will show if this hypothesis is correct. From past experience initial product market fit does not necessarily yield long term need.
Olaf
@ziga_kerec you have already paying customers?