• Subscribe
  • Did you ever try the promotion by Product Hunt (starting from 5.000$)?

I just scheduled my second launch, and I was surprised by the offer Product Hunt made on my "Post Page." It says: "Want additional exposure for ...? Start an ad campaign with as little as $5,000." Holy cow!?! Has anyone tried this offer? This feels like cheating the community or bypassing the rule that "good products will get the most votes." What do you think?

Replies

Arthur Leclercq
    Never heard of someone trying it, I guess PH takes a deep look into the product so these promoted products are still good products
    Christoph Dyllick-Brenzinger
    @arthur_leclercq Thanks for this feedback. I will support your upcoming launch. You don't need an ads compaign.... :-)
    Chris
    I haven't tried the promotion by Product Hunt myself, but I've heard mixed reviews from other founders who have. Some say it's a great way to get initial traction and visibility, while others feel it cheapens the integrity of the platform. Ultimately, it's up to each founder to weigh the pros and cons and decide what's best for their product and goals. Good luck with your second launch!
    Yes, I have tried the promotion by Product Hunt and it can be a great way to get additional exposure for your product. However, it's important to remember the value of the community and ensuring that genuine, quality products receive the most votes organically. Problem: Struggling to keep up with creating and publishing content across various platforms efficiently. Solution: Contentify AI can help automate the creation and publication of content, saving you time and effort while ensuring a consistent brand presence. Try Contentify AI for Free here: just look up Contentify AI
    Fabian Maume
    SmartLook was running ads for it. It depends greatly on your target audience and if it aligns with Product hunt audience. I recommend checking the activation rate of the traffic you got from your product hunt launch and decide accordingly.
    Christoph Dyllick-Brenzinger
    @fabian_maume Can you explain this in a little more details? What do you mean with activation rate? I think the main purpose of product hunt ads is to get a top position in the app of the day, right?
    Gurkaran Singh
    Who would've thought Product Hunt was offering golden tickets for startups? Seems like they've got a Willy Wonka vibe going on!