Customer Support: Real Agent or Human-like AI Chatbot?

Serhii Uspenskyi
29 replies
We often need to reach out to customer support. Do you think Human-like AI Chatbots can replace real agents?

Replies

Trevor White
AI chatbots offput every customer that speaks to them. That won't change anytime soon, even with recent AI advances. I will never implement AI chatbots into Poket Dev that I launched today.
@trevorwhite thank you for sharing your thoughts. How about the cases when you need to get some answer shortly and there is no real agent online? Would rather try to talk with an AI chatbot or will wait for a human in any case?
Trevor White
@serhii_uspenskyi I would rather wait for a human 10/10 times. I am immediately offput when any website has ai chat. Maybe just me? I don't think so though.
@trevorwhite thanks for reply) Your opinion is valuable and I completely agree that many people would do the same)
Grace Cuevas
I come from a Customer Support background and the one thing most CS agents can agree on is that customers do NOT want to talk to a bot ๐Ÿ˜…
@grace_cuevas thanks for your reply. Make sense. But what if they won't feel any difference? Also, many customer support agents use just templates to answer the questions, in this case what is the difference?
Grace Cuevas
@serhii_uspenskyi I think when we do reach a point where the AI truly sounds like a human, without any indication that it's AI, then Cx's wouldn't know a thing and wouldn't mind as long as their problem is fixed. The moment it's revealed that it's AI though, that's when I think things get dicey. It's true that non-voice agents often just use a template (not necessarily their fault; it's usually mandated by the account to ensure adherence to branding) but when a Cx is upset - as they often are when asking for support - they want the knowledge that a human on the other end is empathizing with them.
@grace_cuevas thanks, that really makes sense. Hopefully we may improve situation with customer experience for many people with AI for better!
RDS
If you get good quality of money from customers then use real agents. Use AI chatbot for free or less money subscription.
For sure, with correct guidance and fine-tuning, you can even train LLMs to speak like real agents.
Richard Diaz
For me it should be real agent.
@richarddi34 Thanks for your thought! What about the situation if there are no live agents online? Will you use a bot or wait for a human anyway?
Donald Evans
Real agent, Should be doing it.
@devans_67 thanks for reply) But have you been to situations when there are not agents online and you need to solve something? Would the bot be helpful in this way?
Amulya Prasad
I would prefer a real agent as a customer, and an AI if I would be running a company.
@amulya_prasad thanks for the reply) Nice idea) How about the situation when you really like the product/business but they have only AI bot support? Will you use it?
Elisabeth Lepant
Real agent for specific questions, AI chatbot for basic Qs and closed answers
@elisabeth_lepant thanks for the reply! Do you think it will be useful if the AI chatbot will be able to transfer you to the human when it can't answer your question?
Alex Radovichenko
Depending on the type of business and the transaction check. For low checks and/or not the most valuable customers, you can use a AI chatbot. For important and high check, 100% real agents. The ideal for me as a client is that I can ask the AI chatbot, get an instant answer. But if I'm not happy with the answer or want to consult with the person so I have that option too :)
@alxrada thanks for such great thoughts! Very useful) Do you think it will be helpful if the AI chatbot can transfer you to a human when it can't answer your question?
@alxrada great) thanks) do you have any product or so where tou need such a solution?)
Glad to hear your toughts guys, this discussion is getting exciting!
Cihan Geyik
I think the correct answer is the real agent using AI during Customer support.