• Subscribe
  • Chatbot or FAQs?

srprs
    21 replies
    Hey guys! When you're looking for information on a website, do you usually prefer using the website's chatbot or searching through its FAQ section? I'd love to know your thoughts ๐Ÿง

Replies

David J. Kim
    A lot of the problems I experience with popular SaaS apps aren't normally answered with FAQs. A ChatGPT powered chatbot is the future of support.
    Felix
    The Simple Finance Tracker
    Eventhough I love technology, I'd pick the FAQs. It usually goes faster for me and often a chatbot is mediocre, so it's more of a hassle than a blessing.
    srprs
    meetheverse
    meetheverse
    @felix_digistash - Given the current situation, I can see your perspective that we are all eager to avoid a two-hour delay. However, for more general purposes such as research, would you prefer using keywords in a search bar or asking a chatbot directly, which could provide links to verify its sources?
    Eden
    @felix_digistash I feel the same way, I'm surprised the votes are leaning towards Chatbot. Maybe my mind will change if the NLP gets better
    Jordan Ellis
    @felix_digistash Totally agree. I find googling and searching a website itself is way faster than even attempting a chatbot. Usually I need answers now, so waiting for an unspecified amount of time isn't worth it.
    Felix
    @realjordanellis Exactly and most chatbots nowadays are mediocre at best. Can't count how many times I chatted in frustration with one...
    Kaizen Order
    Very interesting question. From a user perspective, during the research phase of a simple website, the usual list of FAQs is enough. But the more complex the website is, I can imagine chatbots being a lot more useful.
    Tej Garikapati
    I'd prefer faq's, simple reason is for chatbots I will have to type my question...in case of faq's its just there. Anything that reduces my work is good. Most people are lazy like me.
    Olivia
    That's a hard one! I have seen some incredible FAQs, but I think would have to go with Chatbot for this one. It's easier to find information for more unique queries.
    Leonid Mikhalev
    I would like to use FAQ, but sometimes FAQ doesnโ€™t have a search option, but I might kinda know the problem, the better solution will be to search via chat, cuz bot can index the content and bring it to the user. At some time for search a real person will be in charge. Same function ๐Ÿ˜
    srprs
    meetheverse
    meetheverse
    The solution you just described will probably be my conclusion, thanks for your feedback @leonid_mikhalev!
    Hashnimo
    NoNext for YouTube
    NoNext for YouTube
    I'm too lazy to type all my problems in a Chatbot.
    Shantanu Bhosale
    Although chatbots can give you detailed answers for simple queries a I world prefer FAQs