[ChangeLog] June 15, 2023 release notes

Jamie Sprowl
12 replies

We just can’t get enough

Your launches are pure gold. So are you. That’s why we’re introducing Maker Minutes. We’re doing our best to shine on a light on the talented and interesting makers that make up the Product Hunt community. One small way you can participate is sharing self-recorded videos of yourself answering some casual questions about yourself that we will selectively share on our socials so the broader community can get to know you and what you’re working on better.

Community Hours got a permanent residence

We’ve been loving our Community Hours sessions where we get to meet some fresh faces and consult with makers about their upcoming launches, so we decided to give the sign up links a permanent home. No more scratching your head to remember where you stored that link that’s floating around on various parts of the internet. Find the sign up link on our Launch Guide or in the launch submission flow. If you haven’t joined us yet, please do!

404 no more!

No one likes dead links. If you had a wild idea to completely change your URL and now you’re sending precious traffic to no man’s land, you now have the power to update your website link that’s tied to your Product Hub. If you’re like, “wtf, how do I edit my Hub?” - read this.

Even. Better. Sorting.

Reviews are helpful. Unless they’re not.

That’s why we are sorting by the best of the best on all our pages that house reviews, so you get an immediate and honest look into the pros and cons of a product and can make any decision like a pro.

Hasta la vista, baby.

To be clear we DON’T want you to do this. But if you’re feeling all Terminator, you now have the power to wipe your data from our grid without involving our support team.

There’s also a way to disconnect your social accounts from your settings if you’re finally taking that much needed social media cleanse.

Replies

Naomi Chao
Ayyy nice! Super excited for Maker Minutes! Short stories really are the way to go 😉
Jamie Sprowl
@naomichao glad you're excited about it! Are you going to submit a video? :)
Naomi Chao
@jamie_sprowl Maybe I will... :) Plus, I know the team at Gamma is working on some cool stuff rn so I'm gonna try and prod @gslee into making one (feat. his adorable dog hopefully🤞).
Jamie Sprowl
@gslee @naomichao um yes please!! We love seeing all pet friends. We even have an internal #petsofph Slack channel ☺️
Naomi Chao
@jamie_sprowl well it's been over a week (surprisingly difficult to get everyone in one place lol) but get ready to meet the office dogs 🐾
Naomi Chao
@jamie_sprowl aw you gotta stop teasing me and just film a TikTok already 😍🥲
Tej Garikapati
Maker Minutes, sounds 👍
Jamie Sprowl
@tej_sai I am excited to see what stories trickle in! Are you going to share a video?
Tej Garikapati
@jamie_sprowl Will definitely try to make one!!